1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant burn at 1x .... i need the pros to help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by alvinhh, Jan 5, 2005.

1. alvinhh

alvinhh Member

hey everyone i have a HP 420i dvd burner and i have a bunch of dvd i have memorex-turns out that they say that they are ritekG04 dvd-r and i also have ritekg05 dvd+r i also bought fuji dvd-r i have used all of these dvd with dvd decrypter and none of them have worked. my ps2 is internally modded and can play modded games but i cant seem to back up games my self.

it think the problem is that i cant burn at 1x i select the speed at 1x but when it is burning it seems to be buring at 2.4 the disc say 1-8x burnable so i dont understand the problem. i burned one game with tons of glitches GTA sanadnreas i used the one HP dvd-r disc that came along with the burner

anyways does anyone have any idea what i am doing wrong

thanks

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Not sure, but some 8x discs might not be able to burn at 1x. I always get 4x max speed and I can always burn at 1x.
    Not sure why they would all be failing, especially with dvd decrypter.

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Go for 4X's see if you have any luck with those.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

san andreas burnt at x2 should work fine.
    regards hursty.
    also...dont why i replied to this...i am far from being a pro!!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  5. alvinhh

alvinhh Member

hey yeah i was using the memorex( which when i insert the dvd say that it is ritek604) are 4x and i also tried using fuji dvd-r are also 4x... i burned once successfully with a hp dvd which was a dvd+r and it a said on the dvd... 1x2x4x6x8x and it worked with mild success but i did see what speed it was burning at... anwyas i tried to reburn the same MDS to 4 different types of dvds but none of them even loaded... do u guys think it may be the burner or what?

6. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hmm.. It might be. Your best bet would be to contact your supplier and see if they can help you.
    If it's the media. Make sure it's ritek dye and that your burning at 2x

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

@alvinhh
    Have you successfully backed up other games in the past? Or have you not gotten any backups to work yet?

8. alvinhh

alvinhh Member

i have burned one semi-successful game. i burned GTA sanandreas using a HP 1x-8x dvd+r that came with my dvd burner, the game however loads very slow has many gliches and will freeze after a stage(i meet catalina) but that is the only time i have burned any game that loads. i do have a bunch of other burned games that work find(they are actually on ritek dvd's)

9. ducatis

ducatis Guest

id say that its your firmware on the burner. anyways most people suceesfully burn at 2.4X.