1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn at 2x using Nero

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jt26077, Jan 27, 2003.

1. jt26077

jt26077 Guest

I have a Pioneer A04 and have been trying to burn some DVDs using Nero 5.5.9.14 . The media I am using is 2x compatible and my firmware is 1.40. Anyone know why it takes just as long to burn something regardless of using 2x or 1x burn speeds? When I burn in 1x the write buffer is always at 95%, but in 2x the buffer flucuates between 95% and 15% constantly through out the whole burn.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Run Nero CD Speed and Drive Speed Tests, should be under ahead in the start menu. if they are not then go to http://www.nero.com

also make sure to defrag your computer on a regular basis!

3. jt26077

jt26077 Guest

Drive Speed worked ok, told me that my drive was fast enough, but when I ran CD Speed, even though the Discs were supposedly 2x, only came back as 1.38x. I'll try to defrag and see if that helps any. If that doesn't improve write times are there any other suggestions?

4. Dela

Could be the media too, can never leave that out of consideration. Nero CD Speed is usually very accurate. Try getting alternative 2x media and seeing if it will work with that properly!

5. jt26077

jt26077 Guest

I can try that as well, currently I have tried TDK, Memorex, and a couple other brands just for grins. If all else fails, I have a 1x burner... which is better than nothing.

6. Dela

I'd bring it back and demand a burner thats 2x if its in the specs!

7. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

Load the blank disc before clicking on the write button. The drop down list will read the blank media to see if its is 2x compatable and will give you the option of 2x. Hope that help, i have the same burner and it was doing that to.

sirmugen