1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn backups at 1X speed, please help.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Burre123, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Burre123

Burre123 Member

I have found that the only disk type that works for PS2 games with me is DVD+R, have tried both sony and memorex. The problem is, I can't seem to get the option to burn at 1X speed with my disks! the lowest I can choose is 2.4X and that makes the games kind of buggy. I have nero and DVD-decrypter. Is there a workaround for this?

Oh, I am using swapmagic...

2. L84skewl

L84skewl Guest

What version PS2 & what version Swap Magic

I burn anywhere from 2-4x and have a ps2 v1 with swap 3.3 and have no problems. ever.

3. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Burre, these discs that you are buying what is the MAX speed that they can burn at?

4. keras

keras Regular member

for +r disks, 2.4x is the lowest speed you can burn at

5. Burre123

Burre123 Member

the disks I use say 1X-4X...

6. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

And you are using DVD Decrypter to burn these? That is weird, cause usually the faster the disc, the higher the lowest burn speed possible. Like if you have a 12x disc, usually the slowest it will let you burn is 4x. But you are using 1x-4x, and they should be letting you burn at 1x, 2x, 2.4x, and 4x. Try downloading a program called DVD Identifier. This program actually identifies who actually make the discs (they're a lot of rip offs out there) and you can also review online stats on howcompatible your DVD is with movies, games and such. The program is simply wonderful.