1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't burn certain movie using dvd shrink 3.2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by smitty25, Feb 22, 2005.

1. smitty25

smitty25 Member

i can't burn the movie The Grudge. when i put the movie into the computer and open up shrink, then start to analyze the movie normally the name of the movie pops up and starts analyzeling this one doesn,t do that, every movie iv'e done has done that. It analyzes to about 40% and a window pops up saying encountered a error failed to read file "D:\" data error {cyclic redundancy check}. I played the movie the night before and it worked fine. This is a fairly new movie out on dvd don't know if is has a different kind of coppy protection than others? After i tried to burn The Grudge i burn't another movie and it worked fine.
    any ideas are appreciated thankx smitty25

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

CRC errors are quite common. The first thing to do is to clean the disc and try it again. I don't think ARccOS is going to give you a CRC error.

3. JoshB

JoshB Member

CHEEEZZZZ Decryp first then shrink..Only said a thousand times here

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What he means is [bold]all tristar/columbia releases since late december cannot be ripped with shrink alone[/bold]. Use decrypter(also free) to rip the movie first. Then use shrink like normal.

This is one of many threads on this subject. Run a search next time or the feedback will be worse.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  5. smitty25

smitty25 Member

Thanks guy's for the help. I looked in the threads a little bit but I guss I didn't look hard enough I know it sucks to hear the same question over and over again. I still have a lot to learn, they are not kidding when they call me a newbie because I am very new to this but laerning slowly thankx to people like you guy's. what does CRC errors mean and ARccOS? I learned how to burn dvd's from scuba pete's advice on these fourms, everything is pretty much automatic, he set me up step by step. I'm not sure what use decrypter to rip movie, then use shrink like normal means. I have dvd decrypter, but when I burn a movie I use shrink first and it automaticaly switches to decrypter and burns the movie for me.
    This may be a very stupid question but at the top of the fourms reply page it says [bold] text here [/bold] will appear in bold how do I do this, and does this apply to all differen't kinds of fourms. Also [​IMG] mean, is this the same as copying and pasting a link to a picture?
    thankx for all the help smitty25

6. smitty25

smitty25 Member

Sorry for the second post but I solved the question about the [bold text]

7. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

ARccOS is a new copy protection being used. Shrink cannot break this as it is not being updated. The latest version of decrypter will break this. I do the same as you...shrink first then create ISO and burn with decrypter. With ARccOS you just reverse the process...decrypter first in file mode then open the files in shrink and reauthor if you like then create ISO and burn with decrypter. Decrypter puts a blank file where the Bad spot was so when you play back your copy you will have quite a few minutes of blank before the movie. To remedy this, when I reauthor in shrink I also go to start/end -->
    <--- and move the slide a few frames at a time till I see the opening frame. Now the movie will encode at this point, no more blank space. This process will take longer than normal. I don't know if the blank appears on all these ARccOS movies though. It did appear in The Forgotten and I used this method to fix it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Anydvd by slysoft is a very good ripping program. I used anydvd running in the background and then I was able to backup my Grudge dvd using dvd shrink and nero. When anydvd was turned off, I got the same crc error.

Also what bigwop stated,The newer encryptions are screwing our backups up at the beginning of the movie.The grudge gave me a messed up copy of main movie only.I usually edit out that extra crap at beginning and ending"credits". I didn't on that movie and my reliable sony player failed to read it.After removing that beginning crap and setting my backup to start at the - LADY LIBERTY trademark,my next copy was near perfect.

With that newer encryption, it's getting harder to tell if people have damaged discs or the newer encryptions are giving us those crc errors. Anydvd should take care of the crc issue if it is the encryption. Damaged discs are another story, Later

9. aknjw

aknjw Member

I am also having trouble with the same movie. I done dvd decrypter first and saved it to my hard drive. But when I try to open the file in dvd shrink it says file not recognized. So i'm not quite sure what I did wrong. If this is the wrong way to post a message I'm sorry, but I'm new.

Thanks
    Amber

10. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Amber,
    Just keep in mind that Decrypter can output your movie as an ISO image or a DVD-Video file. If you output an ISO and want to open it with Shrink, click File then select Open Disc Image from the menu. If you use Decrypter in the file mode, just click the "Open Files" button.

You were probably trying to open an ISO image with the "Open Files" button which won't work.

Cheers,
    Frank

11. aknjw

aknjw Member

Thanks for that. But, I'm kind of new so could you kind of step me through from starting with dvd decryptor and then to shrink. Because I saved the movie on my hard disc but when I go to open file i go to that location but it says it doesn't recognize it. It is also with the same movie the grudge.

thanks so much
    amber