1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn DVD Fear

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by speedydoc, Mar 9, 2005.

1. speedydoc

speedydoc Member

I have Copy DVD, DVD shrink, DVD decryptor. I also am using HP dvd+r 8X disc and cyberhome DVD RW disc drive. I first use dvd decryptor in read mode ISO and get three files Fear_X.I00 (4,194,302KB), Fear_X.I0I (73,746 KB) and Fear_X.MDS(5KB). I then try to shrink these files, but I cannot add these to shrink, I also cannot add this type of file to Copy DVD. Why isn't this going into ISO mode like I wanted DVD decryptor to put it in. I have never successfully burned a DVD yet. Please help me get just one.
    Very Frustrated
    Speedydoc

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

From the info you've provided.... I'm thinking that your hardrive is formated in Fat32 which can't support files over 4GB. Most movies are more than 4GB in size. To work around this handicap, Decrypter splits the ISO into 2 parts.
    Now, if you use file mode in Decrypter you should be able to open your rip just fine in Shrink.
    If you're using windows xp or 2000, then I would really recomend converting to NTFS format for your hard drive. Xp will automatically do this for you.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can open these files in Shrink by doing this..
    Click on File
    Click on Open Disc Image
    There you browse to the .mds file and hit open..

:)

For the rest of your movies I would rip with Decrypter in file mode and you wont have this problem again also as Zippy has already suggested if your on a 2K or XP machine then you can convert the drive to NTFS pretty easy and not have to worry about it any more :)

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Thanks bbmayo....
    I couldn't remember if Shrink recognized the .mds file or not. The only thing I could think of was to open both images in reathor and I didn't want to do that. So I suggested the rip in file mode....