1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn DVD with Nero Express 6.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Liv, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Liv

Liv Member

I want to burn a DVD. I chose DVD-Video Files because those are the files I wish to burn [.BUP, .IFO, .VOB]. I went through everything, chose the files, inserted the DVD in the DVD burner... but the 'BURN' button is greyed out; I cannot click it.

I have yet to be able to burn DVD's with ANY program. InterVideo DVDCopy 3, Nero Express 6, etc. They all give me errors. What good is it having a DVD burner and DVD's if it won't work out?

Can anyone help me?

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Are you sure you have a burner and not a DVD-ROM? Need more info as to what equipment you have.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If your files are not DVD-Video compliant then you will not be able to burn them. Can you play the files in a media player?

Where are these files coming from?

You say these programs are giving you errors so you must know what the actual error messages are. Can you tell us what they are?

4. Liv

Liv Member

I have both a DVD-ROM and a burner. I am positive I have the DVD in the burner. It says 'DVD Multi Recorder' on it, and the DVD-ROM drive says 'DVD Multi Player'.

I'm not quite sure how to further provide information. The burner came with the PC and I do not know much about it.

fasfrank-
    I am able to play these files in programs such as Intervideo WinDVD and PowerDVD.

If I attempt to burn in Intervideo DVDCopy3 I get a 'Media is not Ready' error. If I attempt to burn with Nero Express 6, the burn button is just greyed out, not allowing me to click it at all.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  5. YamE

YamE Member

did you maked dvd file with winave 6.3 or did you got them from some place evele . cause i have the same problem

6. colw

colw Active member

You may have an OEM version of Nero. If so, it is likely that some functions (including the burn option) may be disabled.

You could try downloading a fully functioning trail version from Nero's website.

7. Liv

Liv Member

But I am able to burn CD's from Nero.
    And Nero is also not the only program I have trouble burning DVD's with.

8. McBrat

McBrat Regular member

Even with the OEM version that came with the DVD Burner you should be able to update it from the nero website and get full functionality. Have you tried the update?

9. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

What error message are you getting? or does the program just stop. What DVD Rs are you useing? Have you tried different disks?

It doesnt sound like its your program unless your comp is just slow or hanging.

10. Liv

Liv Member

I've updated Nero and it's still a no go.
    As I said before, I do not recieve an error with NERO, the burn button is greyed out.
    I've only tried with one brand/make of DVDs. Maybe that's the problem?