1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant burn dvds HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by killjoy12, Mar 18, 2007.

1. killjoy12

killjoy12 Member

Alright ive wasted over 15 dvd+r dl and used a variety of programs and still nothing works. ive used aio installer and its works fine up until i get to the img burn program and then it tells me its not set up for the layer break but no matter what i do or try i cant set up the layer break so i figure that program is a waste of time. I tried dvd decryptor to create an iso image and then burn the iso image and so far ive got two copies of other movies out of it but some movies it just wont copy because of the cyclic redundancy check which ive tried cleaning the discs and still get the same answer. Ive tried pgc edit to set up layer breaks but it gets to a certain point in the program and then freezes (happened over 7 times) so thats another waste of my time. I used clone dvd and that was worthless. So i got dvd fab platinum and everytime it gets to 50 % its just stops writing. I need help i have no idea what im doing wrong is there anyone that can help me i dont feel like wasting anymore money on dvdr's

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

I'll try to get you started.

(1) I don't know what movie you're trying to burn. If it is just a regular DVD, why are you using DVD9 (DL)? Programs like Shrink 3.2 are designed to compress a movie to fit onto a DVD5 (4.7gb). Would save you a lot of money, as DVD DL are not cheap in comparison.

(2) Use another program, something like RipIt4Me. A very good and free program that features a 1-click mode. Also works very good on newer encryptions and seems to be a favorite lately. Incorporates FixVTS, DVD Decrypter, and DVD Shrink into one. Find it here: http://www.ripit4me.org

Maybe try a couple of these and see if the results are any different. If not, write back and we'll take a different approach.

3. SwitchFX

SwitchFX Member

RipIt4ME only has FixVTS built in only. The other software such as DVD Decrypter and Shrink are standalone. You just need to point out where the proggys are in the preferences of RipIt4Me.

4. killjoy12

killjoy12 Member

Im trying to burn tenacious d and the pick of destiny. Im looking for away to copy the entire disc with no copy protection problems. The movie is a little over 7 gb and im trying to copy it by ripping it to the hardrive and then on to the dvdr dual layer. Ive tried ripit4me but im not looking to shrink it. any help?

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Use ImgBurn. You want to process the files with RipIt4Me to remove the copy protection and repair for DVD compliance if necessary. The 1-click mode does it all for you. Just rip in one of the file modes instead of ISO. Once the files open in Shrink, close it and then open the files from the hard drive in ImgBurn. Select Build for the mode and under Output in the Build window select Device. Use Browse for Folder to get your ripped files off the HD.

[​IMG]

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

For a complete package that works seamlessly you'll find the software you need along with ImgBurn in this guide. It's the RipIt4Me that FFsp42 suggested, only with a slightly different version of Shrink.
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/pacman777guide.pdf
    The version of Shrink in this setup supports ImgBurn, whereas the original supports the DVD Decrypter burner ware.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

In use with RipIt4Me Decrypter and Shrink aren't standalones. RipIt4Me analyzes the DVD and along with DVD Decrypter sets up the PSL files for DVD Decrypter to use in the ripping process, then Ripit4Me processes the output for compliance utilizing the incoporated FixVTS code. Once done the files are opened in DVD Shrink by RipIt4Me. The quick analysis in DVD Shrink is also a DVD compliance test for the RipIt4Me output. After that DVD Shrink can be used as a standalone program for doing the transcoding or closed and use the ripped files in a program of the user's choice.

Both DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink can be used as standalone apps as SwitchFX pointed out. However, DVD Decrypter hasn't been updated in a long time, so it's obsolete for newer copy protections. Shrink suffers the same problem with decryption and needs an external decryption program. That's where RipIt4Me comes in. Shrink is still very good for editing and transcoding. It has settings for both DVD5 and DVD9 (DL).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  8. killjoy12

killjoy12 Member

How do i Handle the layer break?
    Im having a problem with that

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you don't mess with the settings, ImgBurn does it on it's own.

[​IMG]