1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn gridiron gang and crank

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by j49er99, Mar 27, 2007.

1. j49er99

j49er99 Member

can someone help me i cant seem to get grdiron gangand crank to brn on dvd shrink i get error message saying invalid dvd navigation structure helpme please

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Copy protection error. Use another program besides Shrink. Shrink is a good program to use, but it is not updated anymore. Here are a few others to try:

(1) DVDFab Decrypter (free) http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

(2) RipIt4Me (free) http://www.ripit4me.org

(3) AnyDVD (not free, but has 21 day free trial) http://www.slysoft.com

Of the above three, RipIt4Me is, IMO, the better right now. It incorporates FixVTS, DVD Decrypter, and DVD Shrink and has the best success at working around newer encryptions. These two titles you mentioned were successfully done using RI4M. Good Luck!

3. Benri

Benri Guest

DVDFab Decrypter failed as well as ClickCopyDVD.
    Any succesful sugestion?

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Benri
    What version of DVDFab are you using? Using the latest - 3.0.9.6?
    Will handle both of these movies.

What error do you get?

5. j49er99

j49er99 Member

ihave dvd fab gold and platinum and still errors please help me

6. binkie7

Ok what version are you using?
    What's the error you are getting?

Not free but has a 21 free trial and will also handle anything out there is AnyDVD & CloneDVD.

Or you can use DVDFab Decrypter with Shrink (both free)- here's a guide

7. j49er99

j49er99 Member

i am using the ltestversons avalable some one tld me that nero 7 might work is it true

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

9. binkie7

No Nero can't do copy protected movies unless you rip 1st w/ DVDFab Decrypter then open those files in Recode or have AnyDVD running in the background.

What are test versions - like beta version? Or do you mean trial? The latest versions will handle these.

10. Benri

Benri Guest

After reading your advise downloaded latest version of Anyydvd, CloneDVD2 and DVDFab Decrypter and still get errors.

11. binkie7

@Benri
    What's the error you get with these programs?
    I did both w/ AnyDVD & CloneDVD.

Check the back of the disc for smudges, dirt, scratches etc. Try cleaning the disc off with something non abrasive and in a non circular motion.

12. Benri

Benri Guest

Why did you chose 4350 for output file size vs 4464?
    Is Imgburn better than dvd decrypter?
    Which program did you use to capture the screens used to illustrate your very useful guide?

13. Benri

Benri Guest

That's precisely the version I am using.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I used current versions of software when those DVDs were released. Neither posed much of a problem when the software was used correctly. I used to use AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter for ripping (still do sometimes). The past couple of months I've been using RipIt4Me. DVD Shrink's quick analysis is used with both methods to check the ripped files for DVD compliance. I've used DVDFab Decrypter enough to know how it works and that it's a good program. To date I've not encountered a DVD that couldn't be backed up, unless it had a bad press or physical damage. The movie industry hasn't come up with copy protection that can't be bypassed, not yet anyway. Sometimes it's a matter of waiting for a software update, but the major programs are up to date now and the DVDs mentioned are older releases.

15. Benri

Benri Guest

It seems you don't know what you are talking about since DVDFab will request to terminate AnyDVD from the get go because it conflicts.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

..and here in the Sunny UK ie Region 2 i had no problems with Crank (no idea what version of DVDFab Decrypter i used at the time as Crank was out here ages ago), though Gridiron Gang is not my kinda film so haven't done that one but can 100% guarantee that the latest version of DVDFab will tear thru these 2 movies (and all other latest movies) like butter

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Benri
    No need to be disrespectful with binkie. She knows what she's saying, you misunderstood what she wrote. The operative word was or. Rip with DVDFab Decrypter or run AnyDVD (not both).

Creaky
    Guess that accounts for regions 1 and 2 (and likely the rest). ;) Any of the top decryption programs
    Until the studioes come up with a new copy protection the problems have been solved as far as the software goes.

18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- i'd missed that snipe before. To quote Bart Simpson methinks Binkie should 'slap you upside the head with a newspaper' for that one. The young lady does indeed know her stuff.

19. latino209

latino209 Regular member

You can use ripit4me wich can backup almost anything www.ripit4me.org/download.html. Then use fixVTS www.videohelp.com/~FixVTS. When you get all that use DVD shrink.

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Looks like you haven't paid attention to what's going on with RipIt4Me. The site is down. Also, the latest version of RipIt4Me incorporated FixVTS code, so the standalone version of FixVTS isn't necessary.