1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't burn iso

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Trayer, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Trayer

Trayer Member

HI following this guide here I bought Verbatim discs to burn with Clone DVD. I can't burn the Wii iso with Nero 6 because it claims the iso is bigger than the disc (which is not true). In Clone DVD first it says it cannot gain exclusive access to the drive. Then that problem went away on its own and now it says "please insert recordable media into the drive". Anyone know how I can burn this backup?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure that the ISO has been unscrambled.

There have been instances of Wii games having an ISO extension without the file being unscrambled.

This happens when users rename the .wii file to ,iso. This does not actually convert a .wii extension to a .iso extension correctly. You need to unscramble the .wii extension file to get the .iso file.

Try renaming the .iso extension to .wii and then unscramble the file (Use Rawdump or some other unscramble program) hopefully this will make the game ISO the correct size so you can burn it to media.

After you do this use Nero or I would recommend using ImgBurn at 4x to burn your Wii ISO file to media.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  3. Trayer

Trayer Member

Well in the link i provided it also says that "if it is 4, 699, 979, 776 bytes, it's unscrambled.

If it's 4, 700, 012, 544 bytes, it's unscrambled with unscrambler 0.4 which adds an extra 32 768 bytes to the file.

If it's 4, 736, 698, 368 bytes, it's in raw format and must be unscrambled."

My iso is exactly 4,699,979,776 (I dumped it myself). But the prob is Clone DVD says "please insert recordable media into disc drive". Maybe there is something wrong with my drive...whatever

sorry for the late response newbies can't post more than once per 3 minutes so I minimized this and forgot about it. Anyway I'm having trouble burning DVDs (even though it works sometimes) so I'll just have to deal with that

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I don't think Clone DVD will burn Wii ISO images. I have never heard of anyone using it.

Try downloading ImgBurn it is freeware and use that.