1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant burn lowe than 4x

Discussion in 'PS2' started by redruM781, Feb 11, 2005.

1. redruM781

redruM781 Member

Dvd decypter says supported speeds: 2.4x, 4x, and 6x but i can only get a successful ps2 backup at 4x or higher, if i go any lower, swap magic pretends that there is no disc in it, it also fail at 2.4x but i get no errors and when i check what is in the disc from my computer, its all there. I have a Artec dvd+/-rw. Could it be because of my media? It does this with tdk and memorexd both are dvd-r, i have imation but i dont want to waste a dvd trying it. I have a version 4 ps2 with sm 3.3

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

i set my DVD Decrypter to 1X, the lowest setting, but the burner is still going to burn it at IT'S desired spreed, which for my sony is like 3.88
    4X should be fine to get a good burn but i always use 8X discs myself, phillips 8X DVD-R, i never have any problems with those. all depends on what your PS2 likes to read. my friend uses Imation and they work fine in my PS2 also, he also uses Maxell which work fine. I would just use the 4X or 8X discs and let your burner do it's thing. I have never tried to use 2X discs, they may be too low a speed for your ps@'s liking. TDK 4X discs didn't work for me at all, i just wasted my money. I still have a whole spindle of those.