1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant burn nothing help me please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by iliksprit, Nov 8, 2004.

1. iliksprit

iliksprit Member

Do heres the situation i got some videos on my computer avi's and im running out of memory. I wanted to make some room so i decided to try ot my dvd burner. I have a toshiba with a built in cdr/dvd-r combo. the drive is a sd-6012. Any hoo the only time i used the drive before this was to copy movies (dvdxcopy) but now when i try to make my onw dvd whether it be a data disc back up or dvd video, it just doesnt work. What is happening now is that i attempt to burn in nero or drag and drop and it completes the burn, i then put the disk back in the drive and my computer wont read it it says "please insert a disc".
    the media i have is a fujifil 8x dvd-r and some generic 1x stuff but neither work.
    I havent tried my dvd x copy to see if it still works though. My cdr drive still works.
    any suggestions? i just need to move files as back ups for now and play with them later.
    another thins is when i insert any blank media into the drive windows doesnt recognize it and wont do anything till i burn something on to it
    thanks for your help

2. dma69

dma69 Member

Are you sure you have a dvd-r and not a dvd+r?

3. iliksprit

iliksprit Member

positive like i said i have burned -r in the past it has just been recently that it doesnt work. also to update i tried using dvdxcopy and that doesnt work as well. i get a message that it cannot locate teh drive and that there is no correct format or something like that

4. dma69

dma69 Member

Try burning them with WinDvd. That is what I have been using for all of my AVI files and it works pretty good.

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

In Nero, Click on Recorder..., Disc Info. That should at least tell you if the disc is writable even if it hasn't been formatted.

6. iliksprit

iliksprit Member

in nero it says it can write to it but when i try all i get back is a blank.
    i will try windvd though

7. iliksprit

iliksprit Member

tried the windvd same thing blank burn....

8. iliksprit

iliksprit Member

anyone one else got an idea