1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn on veritas recordnow

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ita braude, Dec 9, 2014.

?

why is recordnow not burning?

1. not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ita braude

ita braude Newbie

hi all
    im new to this forum and definitely not a tekkie person!! so bare with me!
    ive used veritas recordnow dx for years on my old laptop with no problem.. now somethings up- i can copy the master fine, it asks for a blank dvd to burn, and at the end of the burning it says there was an error as there was finger marks or the dvd is scratched- impossible since im taking them brand new out of a new box, and its happening with all of them, ive wasted about 6new dvds.. any ideas?
    the media on the master is just over 4gb, and i only have 3.18gb free space on my c drive - could this be causing the problem in the writing?? is it because i dont have enough free space on my c drive?
    thanks so much!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Not familiar at all with the software.
    Does it copy the source disk to the hard drive then burns the copy to the disk?
    Perhaps it creates temporary files as part of the burning process and that's where it's fouling up.
    Can't you free up space on the hard drive?

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

See if you can find the log,

4. ita braude

ita braude Newbie

thanks attar, yes far as i understand thats how it works, ive had no problems (even with limited ram) til now, now its not making new copies.. so not even sure if it is even a ram issue, maybe.. someone who knows the program would have a better idea
    trying to free up space!
    scorpnz - what do you mean by the log, where would i find it??
    thanks all

5. attar

attar Senior member

If it saves the source data to a 'VIDEO_TS' folder or an image file (somename.img) then try another burning program to get them on a disk.
    I don't think ImgBurn creates temporary files when it burns a disk.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

A log is what's used to debug,it should have one i don't know where it would be i haven't used record now for a few years

you may be able to free up space by deleting restore points however it would be best to make a backup image first,you may also be able to reduce the pagefile size.I think for now you should get 1 or 2 imation,vebatim or hp DVD-RW or DVD+RW until issue is resolved.This will avoid making coasters as you can re write them.you'll need to check your dvd drive to see if it can burn one or the other or both before buying them.I Mention those three as i use them and know they are ok media