1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn particular image

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by LDee, Apr 25, 2007.

1. LDee

LDee Regular member

Hi

I've been trying to burn an iso image with no luck, I've tried with nero and poweriso. The image mounts fine using poweriso and works properly, it's the first part of a two part volume, the second also works fine although I have not tried to burn the second yet. They are a video tutorial pack, they both have the same interface however only the video files available on each disc are accessible when the respective disc is running.

In nero the image shows up as 306mb when in fact it is over 4gb. There is obnviously a problem there so I didn't press burn, I don't have a lot of discs left. In PowerISO in the burn section the image shows up as it's true size but when I go to burn I get one of two errors, either "can't unlock for exclusive access" which I believe is when another program is accessing the drive. I doubt this is the case because I have shut down absolutely everything and it still says this, also Process Explorer shows nothing using the drive. I get the above error when I first specify the "burning speed" as "16x" (the speed my verbatim discs are rated at) or the "media type" as "dvd". If I just leave the bruning speed as "maximum" and the media type as "autodetect", it starts the burn process and says "media detected - cdr_rw" obviously wrong, and then it stops with this error - "Error verifying blank media". After either of the two errors I stated above the drive becomes inaccesible and only turning the pc off and on again remedies this, a restart doesn't work.

My drive is a Samsung SH-S182D, with the latest firmware (SB05), I was running SB02 until today, same situation.

I've burned plenty of images with this drive and discs (verbatim) and had no problems. I unpacked the iso image and repacked it into both iso and daa formats, same problems remained. I don't think anyone else using this image has had problems burning it, people have used both enro and poweriso for sure.

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps some services I disabled could be affecting something. I have disabled: Distributed Link Tracking Client, Error Reporting Service, HTTP SSL, IPSEC Services, WebClient, Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), Portable Media Serial Number Service, Terminal Services. Atually I don't really see how this could be the problem since I've burned other images fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

3. LDee

LDee Regular member

Thanks for your reply 300bowler.

I downloaded ImgBurn on your advice and attempted to burn the problematic iso. When starting to burn I received this error:
    [​IMG]I chose continue and it went ahead and burned it (didn't get that option with the other programs) and it seems ok, is working fine.

The weird thing is I burned the second image (part 2 of the tutorial volume) and didn't receive any errors at all and it burned and is working fine. I wonder what it is about that first image that is making the exclusivity error...? And, how come no one else who burned it reported receiving this error? Maybe it's something to do with my writer being the master on the same ide cable as another HD in my pc (not the hd that the image was on). Also, my writer shows up as "scsi", which it isn't...? I've never encountered this problem before.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help!