1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant burn Sly 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by JSteven75, Oct 25, 2004.

1. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

Hi there.

I have tried 4 times to burn sly 2 from my own original. I did it with DVD decrypter. I am burning at 2.4x. I have burned 3 other games and they all work first time and fine. I even tried booting up with CD Loader instead. Still nothing. The original of the game works fine. Please help if you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your quick and helpful response. BTW, I am using Swapmagic with the slider.

Thanks again!

J

Update I just burned with Alcohol instead of Decrypter, still no luck...7 Coasters and counting!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  2. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

The game might be too large to load via swapmagic. What size is the ISO after you rip it to your hard drive? If the image is over 4 gigs, you will probably need to rebuild the image. Let me know, I haven't heard anything on this game until now.

3. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

The Image is only 2.68 gigs. Do you think that it is possible that there needs to be a swapmagic fix for the game?

4. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

What type of media are you using?

5. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

TDK 4x DVD +R. I have three other games that work fine including Mortal Kombat, Madden 2004, and Burnout 3.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  7. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

When I boot it with DVD Backup there is pink border around the "star wars" type screen.

When I try the work around with CD Loader and then loading the original and then loading the backup, there is a multi-colored border around the reddish pinkish screen.

Thank you guys so much for the quick help!

J

8. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

Anyone with any ideas? I was hoping to get this up and running tonight. Thanks again!

J

9. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

Does anyone think that maybe a different original will have differnet results ie another copy of Sly 2. Has anyone copied Sly 2? Does it take anything special?

Thanks again for the help!

J

10. BerinG

BerinG Member

I have heard it should work fine with Swapmagic DVD 2.0.. maybe just a bad burn or bad media.. try burning it even slower maybe? All i can really give for advice as it should work without cd/dvdloader.. just SM 2.0 DVD.

Maybe try ripping it slower too?

11. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

Maybe my original might be a little scratched up to make bad sections in the copy? Also even though my TDK 4x media worked fine should I try some other media? Any more coasters Im going to end up paying for the game twice!

12. BerinG

BerinG Member

does your ps2 support dvd-rw ? That's what i usually dow hen i have a "problematic" game.. i test it until it works on the RW and the use an actual -R

I personally do not know much about the media brands.. but i though TDK was pretty good.. I burn mine on memorex dvd+r and all games seem fine.

I cannot say that ripping it faster might caus errors but make sure there isn't "skip error".. i had trouble with spiderman 2 which crashed somewhere in the game probably due to the dvd being scratched but when i tried to rip it, it gave me an error and would retry over and over but would never actually work. I do all mine with DVD decrypter..

When you tried with alcohol 120, did you skip errors? did you use the Playstation 2 template options in the software?

I don't want to make you do any more coasters either, but just try ripping at the lowest possible speed, and also burning at the lowest speed. I would think that if it was scratched enough to caus errors, it would give you a hard time maybe on the ripping part.

I will let others comment on the media, I use memorex which is pretty cheap but works fine for me.. if you tried that media with other games and it worked.. i'm not gonna make you buy other media.

And about CDLOADER.. I personnally cannot make it work.. don't know if its the media or what but when i swap from my SM cd, for cdloader.. press X, it gives me that blue pink etc.. bar on top and never loads cdloader.. don't know if that's your problem or if yours stpos after you put the backup in..

13. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

here is the newest update, I have tested the game on DVD +RW and another brand of +R. Still nothing, I have not slowed the image transfer or burn speed down yet, all the other games still work and new game (original) works fine too. Can it have anything to do with my laser speed? I will not change the laser height, I rather get my unit chipped. I will try to slow down the burn to 1x, and then if that doesnt work and nobody else has any ideas, Ill give up! Please help!

J

14. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i'm afraid if your using dvd+r then the min write speed is 2.4x ,you can not write dvd+r at 1x and usualy a red/pink border means a bad burn, this is quite a strange one as tdk media is usualy quite good, do you have the capability to burn dvd-r, it might be worth getting a single disc and giving that a shot

15. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

Nope, I have a dell burner and up to two weeks ago they didnt offer -R (they do now with their new dual layer drives.) Any other ideas? I tried burning it again on a RW, who knows, I might just give up and accept that I cant copy that game, no idea why not, I even tried a friends copy and the same problems happended!

16. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

Also I am burning the MDS file instead of the ISO Image. Should I try to specify with Alcohol that I am burning a PS2 game, I cant find where that is....Nor can I find the guide on AD...

Thanks!

J

PS Please anyone with any ideas let me know, this is getting to be a bit too much of a challenge...is there a possibilty that for whatever reason my PS2 cannot play copies of this specific game, I have V1.

17. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the fact that you have a v1 ps2 might be the problem as most v1 ps2 struggle to read dvd+r

18. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

3 other games have no problem...All on DVD +R...I really hope thats not the case, cause a new PS2 is the last thing that I want to have to buy....

If there is anyone out there with a V1 and Sly 2, could they let me know if they have had any issues....

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  19. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

Are there any option boxes that I should make sure are checked or not checked in decrypter?

20. ute

ute Member

Hi, my problem is similar to yours, but with other games = specifically Tony Hawk's underground 2 and NHL 2005. I too have tons of back-ups that work fine with magicslide. (burned using dvd decryptor). I also have wasted alot of DVD's. I'm using and always have used memorex DVD + 4x. I have tried using DVD loader with no success. My burned copies have a blue border so they are good burns but won't load. I am going to try to clean the lens, but everything else works fine. Oh, I also burned tony hawk at a slower speed and that didn't work either. I sure hope we get some help.