1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn "stuff" on DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Garret, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Garret

Garret Member

Hello guys,
    to say the truth I never spend much time before purchasing the DVD 50 pack I got. I knew there were variations like DVD+R and DVD-R but didn't care much. I thought that whichever I bought I could successfuly burn them.Anyway, I bought the Verbatim 50 pack (Advanced AZO) DVD+R. What I am trying to do is burn some "stuff" (generally files)on them using Nero's DVD-ROM(ISO) option.
    The files I wanna burn are 4.18Gb. I insert the files,press burn and select the 8x speed (yes my DVD burner supports it).Press burn and......I get an IDE1008 error asking for an empty DVD.So what am I doing wrong?Thank you for your time.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

What brand and model is your burner?? Have you tried to update your firmware? The blanks you are using are very good so I think it is a problem elsewhere.

Jerry

3. Garret

Garret Member

My burner is an Emprex 8x and so far I had no problems with it burning CD's.I had a Sony one but got waisted in a week so thought to try a low brand. How can I update my firmware?Thanks in advance.

4. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Stupid question, but does your writter support both DVD-R & DVD+R ?

If it can burn at 8x, probably does...

Have you burned DVD+R successfully in the past ?

Load DVDInfoPro and see it will detect the blank media, then you can see the details of the media also.

DVDInfoPro will tell you all the details of your drive. Firmware revision, and what is can and cannot do.

Have you tried www.Emprex.com or search the internet for Emprex DVD_MODEL_HERE Firware.

Most of the time, if you can't find firmware, it means you have the latest and no new versions came out yet.

It's probably a pretty new model ?

My 2 cents...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  5. Garret

Garret Member

Well, being a newbie I really can't say exactly the features of my DVD burner but it says on it
    1) DVD RW/R
    2) DVD ReWritable
    3) Compact Disc Rewritable Ultra Speed
    4) 8x

I dunno where to get this DVDinfoPro you say by the way.It is the first time I've tried to burn a DVD with this one. I bought about 1.5 months ago for £40.Any other ideas?Thanx.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It should say DVD -R/-RW Or DVD +R/RW or both if it suports both. Also look for the Model Number and post it so we know what model you have. SHould be on the box or on the burrner itself somwhere.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Here is the page for firmware updates for your drive. But before you upgrade it know your model number and if you dont understand it, get a friend or relative that does and could help. Dont go this if you dont know what your duing, you could mess the drive up.

Firmware update page for that brand of DVD Burrner
    http://www.emprex.com/03_support_02.php?group=57&kind=1

8. Garret

Garret Member

Ok here is the info from the box.The model is DRW 1008 and it says:

DVD Dual 8x
    Internal DVD-+R/+-RW Drive
    8x DVD Write
    4x DVD Rewrite
    40x CD Write
    24x CD Rewrite

I think it supports the DVD's I have but...what can I say? Any more help will be appreciated.Oh,I don't have any friends that know of these stuff so..:-(

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just to let you know your not the only 1 having trouble with Emprex DVD burrners reading +R disc. Go to the link below they have had trouble also. They evdently can use -R disc so think about buying some -R disc untill you get this probelm solved.

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=17012

10. Garret

Garret Member

Thank you very much for your time guys.I'll do that.

Kind Regards

11. Garret

Garret Member

Thank you very much for your time guys.I'll do that.

Kind Regards