1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant burn under 4x

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dg3elite, Dec 28, 2004.

1. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

i have a Lite-on 1633S DVD Burner and when i try to go to mode > iso > write it burns at 4x even though i select 2x on the burning speed.

because of this the game is slow ( commentary, loading times )

can anyone help me out?

2. okboz

okboz Regular member

Yes buy media which lets you burn at 2x or 1x, its as easy as that. certain media will only let you burn at 4x and no lower

boz

3. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

i used maxell dvd-r's.. and on the case of the discs it says 1x - 8x... anything else to try?

thanks for the quik reply

4. okboz

okboz Regular member

well, i think you can only burn as low as the programme alows and the discs, thats what i have come across in my experience. Have ritek GO5 which i can only burn as low as 4x and ritek GO4 which i can burn as low as 2x so im sure it must be the disks. Iuse decrypter by the way

Boz

5. Thraxen

Thraxen Member

I ran into the same issue today with the same burner. Neither Nero or DVD Decryptor would let me burn under 4X. But the disc I burned plays just fine on my PS2. I'm using Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media.

6. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

some games play fine with the speed im burning but some of the ea sports games in particular are a bit slow.

is it maybe dvd decrypter?

7. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

i was looking through the setting and noticed that my read speed was set to MAX and that is 16x... could that be the problem and not the burning speed?

8. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

my dvd decrypter always say "actual burn speed is 4x" but it always burn at 2x.
    I don't think i tmatters what the program says, as long as it does what you want it all it matters.
    And for your info, the writing speed is determined by your writer first, then by your DVD media.
    So if your writer can write at 4x, and the media can b written at 16x, u still can only do it at 4x.
    And even if your writer can write at 1x, but the media does't allow, u can't do it neither.

9. hursty

hursty Active member

dg3elite.....i dont know of any dvd media that burns at x16...does anybody know of any???