1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn using any software! Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Lance63rb, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Lance63rb

Lance63rb Member

So have had my computer for sometime now and it is a great piece of equip. But lately I can't seem to burn. Well to be honest have never tried to burn an AVI to DVD before now. Am trying to change a PAL DVD to NTSC. Converted to AVI no prob. But have been getting what I think are various software possibly hardware errors when I try transcode and burn to DVD.

Have tried other files to not just the file I am trying to convert. Seems to transcode fine using DVD Flick, which seems to use ImgBurn to burn disc..... thats where the prob comes in.

Latest error reads:

I/O Error!
    Device: [1:1:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-510A 1.1a (E:)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 08 C0 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation: Write (10) -Sectors: 2240 - 2271

Sense Area: F1 00 03 FF FD 00 00 12 00 00 00 00 73 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 9B 02 12 36
    Interpretation: Power Calibration Area Error

So thats all well in good if I had a clue what that meant ;-)

Tried to fix by updating DVD firmware to latest edition, upgraded system bios still get same types of errors.... anyone who has a clue what this means any direction would be great.... not totally computer illiterate but this is over my head....

Cheers Lance

2. attar

attar Senior member

The burner cannot figure out the correct laser power to burn the disk.
    Since your firmware is up to date, switch to a disk that is known to give consistently good results (Verbatim brand is one) then you can eliminate that as a source.
    Set the burn at half the maximum shown on the package (you can do that from within DVD Flick, if you are burning immediately after conversion).

3. Lance63rb

Lance63rb Member

ok thanx will try that... also robbed another machine of mine of it's newer pioneer dvd drive, so will give that a go too ;-)

Thanx for suggestions...

Cheers Lance