1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't burn vcd using nero express

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ddesign, Nov 15, 2002.

1. ddesign

ddesign Member

Sorry for repeating myself but I still have not had much luck with burning a vcd with nero express. Can anybody help? Here some info from a previous post.

I'm trying to make a photo slide show using jpg's that my parents can view on their tv set. (possibly with music in the background)

I have a pentium II-660 w/Windows-Me with a newly replaced cendyne 301240 internal IDE cd burner (which seems to be a verbatim 321240AL unit). This package came with Nero express - and I have updated it to ver 5.5.9.14.

When I attempt to use nero express to create a video CD I get the following failure messages:
    Warning - medium is not empty.
    Please insert an empty medium
    Medium required for the compilation: CD-R/RW
    Medium in recorder: ((empty)

I am using Philips 700mb/40x cd-r80's and tried burning at 32x and 8x with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

2. bowieboot

bowieboot Guest

Hiya.

Do you not have the normal Nero too?.. Try using that instead, click on the new option and go to VCD. Then just drag over the things you want, and write CD.

Also theres a update for Nero think its 5.5. 9.17 now

Know what you mean about being ignored on the forum too