1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn with nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ttomkat, Jan 11, 2005.

1. ttomkat

ttomkat Guest

I just bought a dvd burner and it came with nero, its a i/o magic external usb 2.0 dvd +- rw/ +-r
    i download movies from limewire and kazzaa and cant burn them i went though like 15 dvd trying. i then bought dvd santa and same thing. then i found this site and started to follow some forms bought i am not that really good with a computer, i need step by step please help me, i started to follow suba petes link bought it looks like that was to upload a movie then burn, please someone help me out

2. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

I am guessing that the files you have are .avi or .mpeg or something similar, Nero should be able to handle them (not always, but in most cases). What steps have you been taking before? because this could be from a number of different problems. But anyways, assuming that the files you have are of the correct format, in Nero you will want to select the make your own DVD video option from the video section, open the file, make chapters etc and burn it. This is probably the simplest way in your case. good luck

3. colw

colw Active member

If you have an OEM version of Nero, it is likely that some of the DVD burning functions will be disabled.

You can download a fully working trial version from Nero's website.

4. ttomkat

ttomkat Guest

on page 3 of the newbies forms there is a form. need help with burning a dvd. i followed that so far.is that any help to you with my problem. i thought you could just download a movie and burn it....

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You need to be be using NVE (Nero Vision Express) to convert the downloaded files. Most people on here are not downloading files but backing up original DVD movies. You get much better quality and actually have a DVD worth keeping. Most downloaded files are garbage anyway. If you must do it this way then you need to uninstall your OEM version of Nero and go to the Nero website and down load the full version which will have Nero Vision Express this is the program you need to convert your downloaded file it is very user friendly and will walk you threw step by step on how to make your DVD.

Good Luck