1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't complete dvd burn

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by evertonfc, Apr 22, 2007.

1. evertonfc

evertonfc Member

Hi i hope this is the right place to post this. I wondered if anyone could help me i just got a new laptop with windows vista home premium basically my problem is that i can't burn any dvd's i have used dvd clone, dvd shrink + decryter and dvd fab and the same thing keeps happening, my dvd copys and burns but when it gets to 97/99 % of the burning process the dvd just starts clicking and won't complete the burn i've tried severeal different media dvd's but the same thing happens i wondered if anyone could help me work out whats going wrong do you guys think my dvd drive may be faulty ?

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

whats your burn speed? try no faster then 8x . even try 4x being your having problems. using good media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim

3. evertonfc

evertonfc Member

I've tried to burn on the lowest speed possible and the same thing happens when it gets to 97/97% it did the same thing on a music cd i tried to make. The only stuff that burns successfully is two minute video clips do you think its a faulty drive.

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yes the drive could be bad causing it not to do a complete burn

what media are you using?

5. evertonfc

evertonfc Member

I've used several memorex/maxwell and tdk

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

none of which is good media.

just to do an experiment, with dvd shrink, set the target size to somethign like 3500 mb (so that you are far far away from the outer edge of the dis) and see if the burn completes.

7. evertonfc

evertonfc Member

That doesn't work for me either. What is strange is that i have burnt small video clips using media centre that have burnt fine clips last about 5 minutes, however anything bigger doesn't work. I tried to burn a cd before and it failed when it got to 96% when i tried to play the cd the first 12 or so songs played fine but the rest didn't appear.

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

time to start trying different hardware, i imagine. try that burner in another pc to see if the problem lies in the burner or the pc.

9. evertonfc

evertonfc Member

I can't really do that because its a laptop and i'd void my warrenty i think plus i don't know how to

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

ah, didn't realize it was a laptop. this sure is an unusal issue. being a jack of all trades, master of none, i would haul it in for warranty service, then. however, i'm sure before it comes that, a hardware guru will come along.

11. evertonfc

evertonfc Member

Lets hope thanks for your help

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

good luck, hope you get it figured out soon.