1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant compress film, invalid dvd structure ???

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cyberia, Feb 18, 2005.

1. cyberia

cyberia Guest

I bought a dvd from asia and cant back it up.I can rip it using dvd Decryptor but when i try to compress it using dvdshrink it fails at start saying "invalid dvd structure"
    Ok so i ripped the vob's and created new ifo's etc and bobs your uncle except there is no sound.
    Anybody have a solution ???

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

maybe the new protections system used on things like res evil 2

just rip using brute force in DVDDecrypter - then use clonedvd to backup... shrink cant handle some newer protections....

you MAY need anydvd running in the background too

3. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Try using the newest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

Run AnyDVD in the backround to remove the protections and fix the structural problems. Then, copy the movie with CloneDVD2.

4. cyberia

cyberia Guest

i have tried combinations of lots of programs and still no joy. If i rip using dvd decryptor it rips no problem but when i try to use shrink it gives error

"invalid data in vts_01_1.vob

if i try and use clonedvd2 it gives the error

error opening video files from .../video.ts
    dvdmanager 0 commonh 0 common 0 8

anydvd latest version is running in background

?????????????????????

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

think it might have something to do with the region? I'm not sure where you live, but Asia might be a different region which is the only logical explanation I can give.

6. cyberia

cyberia Guest

i dont think its a region problem as my dvd writer(pioneer 108)has firmware patched.

Im stuck, maybe if i reposted this as question calling it "possible backup dvd" i would get answer

I have created ifo's from vobs using ifoedit before with no probs so its not me being an idiot.

7. cyberia

cyberia Guest

or even posted it as "impossible to backup DVD"

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i had this prob with a disc from asia - 'the core'. anyway could be as asia has more than a few discs that are shall we say not necessarily what we consider 'retail'. decryptor should do the job, ie rip the whole disc, then maybe use shrink to do the rest

Rich