1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Connect to Internet using Linksys Router

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Ph0BoLuS, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

Hi, my problem is that i can't connect to the internet through the linksys router anymore. My uncle came to my house and changed some stuff on my computer including hooking up my computer directly to the cable modem leaving my router completly useless. So after he left i tried connecting the ethernet cables back to the original order. One from the Router to the cable modem and another from the router to my PC. After a while the Network connections says i have connected, but with limited or no connectivity. On the Linksys router the LED light where i inserted the ethernet cable into was lit in my case the number 1 slot.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

2. sado0og

sado0og Member

try to make the network connection obtain IP auto..

or just ping the linksys ip from cmd write ping 192.168.1.1

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

disconnect the power & cable from cable modem for 10 seconds then reconnect. i do that all the time when installing routers on customers' computers. it works.

4. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

i tried doing the cmd write thing but an error pops up saying this does not exist, but i'll try disconnecting the cables and get back to you guys.. Thanks for the suggestions.