1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't convert DVD made with Roxio

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by moonsoon, Oct 22, 2012.

1. moonsoon

moonsoon Member

I made a family video a few years ago using Roxio which I would like to rip to my hard drive without all the Roxio menu junk.

Basicaly, I just want to be able to click on the file and play the video.

But DVD shrink doesn't know how to deal with it, and DVDFabDecrypter doesn't either.

Does anyone here know what I could use to remove all the extra Roxio stuff from this video?

2. attar

attar Senior member

You tried 'Re-author' in DVD Shrink and dragged the main Title from the right to the left pane and the menu didn't go away?

3. moonsoon

moonsoon Member

Actually, it won't even accept the file. I get a popup that says it's an invalid DVD navigation structure.

I even tried to run it through DVD Decrypter to make an ISO file, but that file gets the same popup.

I tried DVDFabDecrypter, and even though I set it for full disk, it only copied something like a 4mb file.

I've used all three of these programs quite a few times over the years, so I'm pretty sure i'm not making a mistake. I think the issue lies with the fact that Roxio was used to create the DVD.

And I even tried it on two machines. This one, which is 64-bit Win7, and a 32-bit WinXP machine.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  4. moonsoon

moonsoon Member

edit* double posted for some reason.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. attar

attar Senior member

You can try running it through FixVTS before opening it in DVD Shrink.

In any case, if the main title is in one set of VOB files,each of which can be played individually,(example:VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB etc), they can be joined using VOB2MPG and a new DVD reauthored using the likes of DVD Flick without any re-encoding or loss of quality.