1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy DVDs I've created

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sako73, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Sako73

Sako73 Member

Hello. My problem is this:

I captured VHS tapes using Pinnacle Studio 8. I added a menu and chapters, then burned to DVD (from Pinnacle studio). The DVD reads/plays fine in players and on my PC. When I try to use Nero 6 to do a disk copy, it gives an error saying that it had a data read error. I then tried it with DVD Shrink, and it got half way through reading it and said that it had a CRC error. I then tried these same things with a second disk I created the same way, and got the same result with Nero, and an "Invalid DVD Navigation" error as soon as I tried to read it with DVD Shrink.

Any ideas why I can watch these videos, but I can't copy them?

Thanks.

2. Sako73

Sako73 Member

I just tried it in my other DVD drive, and it seems to work fine at least as far as reading in with DVD Shrink. It still gives an error 1/3 of the way through a Nero copy (the image only).

These DVDs play fine from the first drive, any idea why they couldn't be read for copying also?

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  3. Sako73

Sako73 Member

Well, I was able to copy 1 dvd with Shrink and Decrypter, but the next one I tried gives the CRC error when creating the image with DVD Shrink. I tried to do it a second time, and it stopped at a different point.

The DVD-R I am using is from Verbatim, which from what I read on this forum I thought to be a good DVD.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004