1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy from a copied dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by remus, Jun 17, 2004.

1. remus

remus Member

Hi there,

I made copies from original dvd's using dvd shrink (backup method, including menu) and burned these with nero 6 (dvd/video). Now I wanted to make a copy from one of these copies (using the same method) and its not working it tells me that there is some crc failure.

What I do not understand is how I can not make a copy from a dvd that I copied myself? Also did I find that if I do not do the backup method (dvd shrink) but instead go for reauthor then I can make a copy of the copied dvd.

I would be grateful to any suggestions of how I can copy my copies including menu. And maybe the copying method I used to start with was not good so maybe you can let me know what is the best way to copy originals so that I can later make a copy from the copy.

thanks,
    remy

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Remus,

Copying a copy can be considered piracy. Why not just use the originals? Also run a search, this has been discussed many times.