1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't copy home made DVD with nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ffarooji, Jan 27, 2005.

1. ffarooji

ffarooji Member

Hi;
    I have made a home made movie DVD, but Nero can't copy DVD to another disk. it only reads the first track and ejects the DVD out after 2 seconds and asks for an empty one. could anyone help me with this problem?

thanks,
    Farshad

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I trust you are talking about the blank disc that you intend to copy to. Is it a RW?

3. ffarooji

ffarooji Member

the blank disk is RW, but the problem is that it would take only couple of seconds to read the movie disk, and it ejects it and asks for the empty disk and says it can only read the first track. I don't know why it does this. apparently it can't read the whole disk to the memory for copying.

thanks,
    Farshad

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Apparently, Nero is not reading the original DVD. I presume it is not copyright protected or anything. So which function of Nero are you using (e.g. copy entire dvd)? Also, is this your first burn?

5. ffarooji

ffarooji Member

actually, I have a dvd player that records dvds too, we connect the camcorder to it and it downloads and records the films into a disk. now I want to make duplicates of the disk, and nero can't copy disk. I have tried both copying disk, making a data disk and making dvd-movie disk, nero says it only can read the first track and in a second or two, asks for the empty disk. today, I opened the movie disk and saw that there is a folder and files are all in the folder. I copied the files into computers hard drive and made a dvd with only copying the files without puting them in a folder and tried to copy disk again and it worked. but I am baffled, what is going on? and how can this be explained.

thanks,
    Farshad

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

That explains it. Stand alone DVD recorders and PCs somehow may not be completely compatible in terms of recording formats (esp. lead in and lead out structure). That's why many people are complaining here that copies they made on PCs cannot be played on standalones and/or vice-versa. In your case, reading is no problem, but copying a copy is.
    You may want to remember where the copy was made on, or just follow this method for making copies from copies so long as it works.
    Happy PC & Standalone copying!! *_*

7. ffarooji

ffarooji Member

thanks very much for your time and responses.

Farshad