1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant copy my burnt dvd.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brumby51, Jun 1, 2007.

1. brumby51

brumby51 Member

Can anyone give me some suggestons as to where i am going wrong. Firstly i dl a movie and then burn it onto a dvd+r That is ok but when i try to copy that dvd+r onto a blank dvd+r it wont play in my dvd player but the original copy goes fine. I am using nero 6.6 and burning from nec dvd rw nd 3520a. hope you can forgive my nievity..

2. attar

attar Senior member

For a start, from your Nero Tools, select 'Nero CD-DVD Speed' and do a 'Scan Disk' of the copy.

3. brumby51

brumby51 Member

thanks attar,but im not sure whatyou mean by scan.what im saying is that when iburn a copy of the dvd that i burnt in the first place it burns ok onto the second dvd but it wont play in my dvd player yet the original one does .. thanks

4. attar

attar Senior member

Nero will scan the disk and check to see if it can read the data.
    If it has problems reading the data then the player will have problems too.
    If Nero can read the data then that proves that the disk is good and the problem must lie elsewhere.
    Does the copied disk play ok in the PC?
    Sometimes a marginal disk will be ok in a PC but fail in a standalone player.

5. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

burn the downloaded movie and then open that with dvd shrink to burn it

6. brumby51

brumby51 Member

thanks tennis, but i used to be able to burn one dvd and the i could burn multiple copies of that dvd which i was able to play on my dvd player [not the one in my puter] i think its a coding problem but then again i'm probably rong lol.

7. Linnear

Linnear Member

try this: Put your first burned copy into PC and then use DVD2One to extract the video_ts file into a new location on your HDD. Then burn a new copy with Nero using that new video_ts that DVD2One has made.

Hope this helps

8. gamename

gamename Regular member

select copy dvd in nero (startsmart-express), then set burn speed at 8x. since u r using +r media be sure to booktype to dvdrom (if possible).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007