1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant copy my own backups with nero or prassi

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pipster, May 13, 2003.

1. pipster

pipster Guest

I cant copy my own backup dvds with nero or prassi in disk copy mode anymore although both programs will burn the files to a dvd if I 1st copy them to my hard drive.
    Nero says not enough space on the blank media and nothing Ive tried will make it try to write to the dvd. Ive tried smaller films that are not a full dvd , different brands of blank , on the fly writing and none of it worked.
    Prassi starts to copy but after about 660 meg it stops saying its finnished and everything is ok.
    Ive updated both to the latest versions I think , 5.5.10.28 and pxengine 390 and I use a pioneer 104.
    I dont often need to copy my copies , just when the kids scratch them , it was probably christmas when I last copied any but everything worked fine then. Its not such a problem either when i can just copy the files to my hd 1st and use prassi or nero anyway.
    Ive seen other people posting similar problems with nero but I haven't seen how to fix it yet so I just wondered if anyone else has seen either of these problems and can suggest anything that might help because I really dont want to format and reinstall windows if I can possibly avoid it.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I've not come across any problems with Nero burning on the fly from Lite-On 165H to Pioneer 104 (even though both drives are on the same IDE cable)
    I got Prassi Prismo w/ the 104 but never used it.
    Already had Nero & just updated it.
    I'm currently running 5.5.10.20 w/out any problems so far
    Nero 5.5.9.9 seemed to trip out at some point when i was using it but a uninstall/reinstall seemed to fix it st8 off.

Do you know what firmware you have on your 104?

3. pipster

pipster Guest

Hi Herbsman
    Im using firmware 1.31 on the 104 and I think I had nero 5.5.10.20 when I 1st noticed the problem so I upgraded it to the latest version.
    Im beginning to think its something else I have installed thats caused the problem , possibly something like clonecd with its virtual drive which I have used since christmas and uninstalled again but maybe its left a driver or something behind.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It could be that virtual drive maybe.

Because I too use Pioneer 104 (1.31 official)
    Nero 5.5.10.20
    (No problems here)

Maybe uninstall all unused apps. and then run ad-aware as back door programs can still be about.Then a quick defrag...if problems persisted after this I'd be quite surprised.

[Just bouncing ideas as I've not had this prob...sorry]

Peace