1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy saw 3 - **just needs DVDFab Decrypter**

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD0728

CD0728 Member

I'm been using dvd shrink and anydvd for many years, Until now
    I'm having a problem trying to copy "Saw 3" .
    Can someone help me with that.
    thank you.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

CD0728 just wondering what region are you in? also is your anydvd up to date? are you trying to do just movie or full disk? need more info, also can you post a screan shot of what anydvd says about the movie it self like what type of protection it has, like i said need more info?

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

it doesn't come out for a couple weeks yet so it may have a new encryption on the dvd

but i would try using clonedvd 2 + anydvd that should do the movie fine

or RipIt4Me which is freeware

4. Franster

Franster Member

Yeah, the best way to copy using AnyDVD is with Clone2 and not Shrink, which hasn't been updated and is basically obsolete by itself. Like has been mentioned, a screen shot of protection would be extremely helpful.

5. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This is one of those movies that's giving problems to all rippers. They should be coming out with updates soon.

6. CD0728

CD0728 Member

I'm in region 1 (New York), And I have AnyDVD 6.1.0.2
    I'm trying to do a full disk movie. When I put "Saw 3"
    with AnyDVD running and using DVD Shrink (3.2.0.15)
    this is what it say: DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot
    continue. Failed to read file "D:\" Overlapped I/O operation is
    in progress.

7. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

CD0728 you need to send ifo files to Slysoft Support and DVD Fab support so they can update their software.
    SlySoft Support <support@slysoft.com>
    Fengtao Support <fengtao@dvdidle.com

1.) DISABLE AnyDVD (little fox on the taskbar should be grey).
    2.) Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
    3.) Copy all files ending with .IFO to your harddisk. ONLY those with .IFO, not the big .VOB files!
    4.) ENABLE AnyDVD again (just in case, so you don't forget it)
    5.) ZIP the .IFO files to one file. Name it with a cool filename (e.g., Little_Black_Book_UK.zip)
    6.) Write a an email to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @). Name your problem, try to identify the disc (e.g, Little Black Book, R2, UK), the UPC number if possible (below the barcode on the package). The information output of AnyDVD can be helpful as well.
    7.) They like if you include the AnyDVD version and your AnyDVD serial number in this mail. You find this information in the Settings Window -> About.
    8.) Attach ZIP file with the IFOs and send it.

8. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

CD0728 , let us know how you come out using theses ideas

9. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

I just emailed slysoft support and Fengtao Support the ifo's so this should get the ball rolling to get anydvd and dvdfab decrypter updated.

10. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

have you tryed using clonedvd 2 with anydvd ? instead of using dvd shrink

11. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@CD0728
    DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Failed to read file "X:\"
    Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

[bold]This could indicate that there may be a problem with the disk or a copy protection issue that your ripper is unabe to handle.[/bold]

Here are some suggestions.....

[bold]If its a problem with the disk:[/bold]
    -Try to clean the disc with toothpaste or alcohol, wiping fron the center of the disk straight to it's outer edge (not in a circular motion).

-Go back to your shop and exchange it.

[bold]If it's a copy protection issue giving the shrink/anydvd combo a problem:[/bold]
    -Try ripping to your hard drive using DVD Decrypter in FILE mode with anydvd running in the backround. DVD Decrypter can be very good when you have a problematic disk.

Get DVD decrypter here
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

Here's a guide for ripping in file mode
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php

Once the files are on your hard drive, Close DVD decrypter and run shrink. Open the files using shrink (use the open files tab and browse to the VIDEO_TS folder created by DVD Decrypter and choose it)then proceed as you normally would with the backup process.

[bold]Here are some other suggestions:[/bold]
    -Change DVD Shrinks setting to read 32 kb blocks.
    -If using nero, disable "Burn with Nero" in DVD Shrink preferences and burn manually.
    -You can enable or disable overlapped I/O in the DVD Shrink preferences (it doesn't make much difference on most systems).
    -If shrink has a problem with opening the files created by DVD Decrypter as suggested above, try to correct the ripped files on your hard disk with IFOEdit.

ifoedit
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/IFOEdit.htm

Install IfoEdit - and in that program press "open" and locate the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in the folder where you have saved your files from DVD Decrypter.

Then press the 'Get VTS Sectors' button:

Now you'll get a decision to make. Would you like IfoEdit to correct the sectors in all IFO files in that directory, then press 'Yes'.

After pressing 'Yes', IfoEdit will load every IFO file, and check the sector addresses. If one or more are wrong, IfoEdit will show you which addresses have been changed

If no wrong sector addresses have been found, then IfoEdit does not re-save the IFO file. After that is done and you are back to the main menu - close the program and you are finished with this step.

In all instances, just to make sure IfoEdit works correctly, you should always restart IfoEdit before doing this 'Get VTS Sectors' thing if you want to do it on several folders with saved DVDs.

If all above suggestions fail, wait for a ANYDVD update to resolve any copy protection issues.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  12. CD0728

CD0728 Member

I have tried vobblanker, cloneDVD2 with anydvd and also
    tried ripit4me and still doesn't work.
    I'm going to wait few days to see if anyDVD come up
    with an update and then I will try again.
    I want to thanks everyone for their support.

13. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

one thing also make sure your firmware on your drive/burner is up to date

14. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Because my suggestions have already been mentioned, I'm gonna ask a question that doesn't help find a solution: what else, in terms of special features, is on the disc? Anything good?

15. sheempa

sheempa Member

i had the same problem with saw III, i'll try later

16. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

There is no fix for this as of now. It's being worked on.

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Has anyone tried using AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter together? Slysoft suggested sometime back when doing that to turn off CSS Cracking (None) and uncheck Check for Struture Protection. The Interface should be Microsoft or Elby. If you get the ripped files to the hard drive, use the Full DVD option in FixVTS to try to repair the files. If you get that far, try opening in Shrink. If Shrink does the quick analysis, the files should burn. I've heard that method might work sometimes when others fail. It's worth a try. It can't hurt anything.

18. sparkinso

sparkinso Member

give john123 method ago,i use it when i have same problem...always works for me.john said it all,dvd decrypter ...drop in file icon of dvd shrink and back up.good luck,

19. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

sparkinso
    If you notice the method I suggested is similar, only the more up to date AnyDVD is being used for decryption along with Decrypter as the ripper. DVD Decrypter has a good setup for ripping besides its other qualities. Instead of IFOedit for processing the files, FixVTS is suggested. For beginners the FixVTS is usually easier and does the same job. That's the software they chose to use with RipItForMe, which is one of the better program setups around. As we've seen, none are 100% yet.

20. sparkinso

sparkinso Member

O.k pacman777 i will give any dvd a try with decrypter and see how i get on.
    thanks for the advice.what are you like at backing up xbox360 games im a little stuck,happy new year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.