1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy saw 3 - **just needs DVDFab Decrypter**

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The wizard is handy if you have older movies and want to make the choice of whether to use FixVTS or not. With the later movies with the heavy copy protection, think Saw3, it's best to use the 1-Click mode and let RipIt4Me go through the complete cleanup process. Do not use the ISO in the Rip mode when you want to use FixVTS. With Saw 3, FixVTS options should be left checked. You already have Shrink installed, so you need DVD Decrypter installed before using the installer (if you don't already have it). Last versions of Shrink and DVD Decrypter (not DVDFab Decrypter) should be used. If you don't have it, you can pick up a copy at MrBass.org. Garmoon mentioned it and I'll repeat it once more for emphasis, use the RipIt4Me installer (which also adds FixVTS) and not the zip files.

2. chris0001

chris0001 Member

i think "the descent" was made the same way. I've waited two weeks before trying to burn these movies again. I'm going to read the last few pages of this thread for suggestions and hopefully tonight's the night!

3. chris0001

chris0001 Member

Pac Man or anyone, I'm using your guide on page 16 (awesome) but i'm having a slight prob from the get-go...
    i downloaded the full install on RipIt..but it didn't have an old version of fixvts in the home folder...regardless, i pasted the new 1.603 version there...my problem is that when I open the ripit preferences, the only shortcuts are to shrink and decrypt, no fixvts...also the "cleanup" prefs are for "VOBs" not Fixvts.
    I did manage to install it as a selectable "tool" but I think I foresee a problem in the future if it's not part of the automatic process. any ideas? sorry if this is a dumb question or I'm missing something obvious.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

5. chris0001

chris0001 Member

thanks for the links aabb...seems to have worked anyway without fixit or maybe i didn't see when it was being used..regardless mission accomplished, and i really didn't do anything after the first click except put in the blank disc.

And Now, I would like to take this opportunity to say, that since the last person, myself, has made a copy of saw 3, I hope we can look forward to another few months of simple "shrink alone" friendly dvds.
    And thanks to all the big corporate companies that spend millions, no perhaps billions, on keeping our little hobby going. Cuz if an idiot like me can just read off the internet and make a copy...it means your seriously wasting a lot of your share holders money!

hey i've got an idea, how about 200 vts files??? Look I just invented the next big encryption break through, and I don't even know what that means. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Goooooooodnight.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Still sounds as though you may have used the Zip files. The latest version of FixVTS is added to the Ripit4Me file in the Program Files folder when you use the installer. Check the folder and set the path in Preferences. When done properly and in correct sequence, the default paths are set correctly in RipIt4Me. So somewhere along the line you made a mistake. I suspect using zip files instead of the installer if there is no FixVTS.

7. amvet

amvet Member

Sorry, this is the only way i know to post a question, but i installed rip it for me, dvd decryptor, and dvd shrink. I go through the process of backing up BABEL the movie to my hard drive and i get two of them one say's BABEL and the other say's BABEL_DOMESTIC and they are both file folders... Which one do i burn to a dvd and how, last time i thought i burned it but it turns out the dvd was blank... Can someone help me?????

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I've not done Babel. Some DVDs have 2 versions of the movie. View the two options you have. They're on the hard drive. Then record one or both.

9. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

is there something im doing wrong or has there been a crypt that can not be decrypt......the movie prestige will not burn...i use dvd decrypt, fixvts, ripit4me, and nero to burn, has any one got it to work using these programs...and im not going to buy a program....I also have dvd43 and shrink

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  10. ZCS626

ZCS626 Regular member

ripit4me/decrypter/shrink/nero combonation works fine on the prestige, i had no issues.

11. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

ok ill check it out see if it works thank you

12. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@dragondog
    Where does it fail - during the encoding or during the burning?
    Do you get an error?

Make sure DVD43 is turned off too.

RipIt4Me uses Shrink - do you have RipIt4Me set up right?

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Use the latest versions of the software. In RI4M Rip Mode select one of the File modes (not ISO). With all the default selections use 1-Click to do the entire cleaning and processing. Wizard has no extra capability over 1-Click other than being able to skip steps.

14. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

it messes up during the dycrypt process ask a buch of questions with yes yes to all or no....im sorry im not being to detailed.....not at home.........says vts files are bogus....gofigure

15. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ok - check this guide out and make sure you have everything set up right. guide.

Check the back of the disc too for dirt/smudges etc. If it's dirty that can throw a bunch of error messages too.

16. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

i already know all this...thanks to you bout a month ago.......jus im trying to get prestige to work and gives me a vts bogus file and turns off.....maybe my dvd43 is running in background without me knowing i need to uninstall it.....but it never asked the questions that its asking now and i push yes to all it starts running again then gives a (the vts**** file is bogus)

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

From my bad experiences with DVD43, I consider it a troublesome piece of crap. I'll not hash over the problems it caused on my system. I have AnyDVD and DVD Region + CSS Free for on the fly decryption (when I need it). I prefer using hard drive files such as those produced by RipIt4Me and DVDFab Decrypter. Currently RipIt4Me is my "go to" decryption program. If you're not familiar with the Preference settings in RipIt4Me, it's sometimes easier to delete the entire program (the whole RipIt4Me folder) and use the installer to reload the program.

Here is an all in one installer that loads everything needed for RipIt4Me and ImgBurn to burn with DVD Shrink. The Shrink in the AIO supports imgBurn instead of the DVD Decrypter burner ware.

http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=aioinstallers&showtopic=7

RipIt4Me AIO
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/60656/download/AIO_v3.0.zip

imgburn
    http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

What version of RipIt4Me are you using now?

Didn't you notice this is a stickied thread on Saw 3?

18. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

Didn't you notice this is a stickied thread on Saw 3?

yes so how long you think cant copy saw 3 will stay? is there going to be a new forum for each movie title that cant be copied....saw 3 is old news now everyone knows how to copy it now, but for any movie they all come here....what eveyone sees this forum as now is cant copy dvd.

i do know the settings for all the programs i run but like i said maybe its just dvd43 messing it up...ripit4me dose an auto update my comp is always conected to internet it did an update and says no new version so im thinking i have latest.....

19. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

All I needed was a version number. If you just checked and it said up to date, that would be 1.7.0.0. That appears in the opening window when you open the program.

Since others are doing the release without any problems, it shows yours isn't a typical problem. As you mentioned the DVD43 might be causing an interference problem. I'd remove it to make sure. Then if you're still having problems, take the easy out. Delete the whole setup and install it fresh. To make that task easy, here's an all in one installer for everything needed for RipIt4Me. When you go to do a clean install, there should be nothing in the RipIt4Me folder. The version of Shrink in the AIO supports ImgBurn instead of the Decrypter burner ware.

http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=aioinstallers&showtopic=7

RipIt4Me AIO
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/60656/download/AIO_v3.0.zip

imgburn
    http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

There's also the possibility of a flawed disc. A scan would show a read problem. Even new discs can have a bad press. They can play but have recording problems.

In reference to your original question, the decryption (copy protection) that's on the Prestige release poses no problem for a properly installed version of RipIt4Me when it's used correctly. The alternative issues: software interference, corrupted installation, flawed disc...

There should be new threads for each one.

Edit: Unfortunately some "stuff" wasn't appreciated. LOL

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  20. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

ok thanks for the info help better then the other stuff you posted....good explination.. thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.