1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy saw 3 - **just needs DVDFab Decrypter**

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome for the comment on the useful info.

Sometimes the "stuff" relates to the topic.

Hope the info helped. Let us know what happens when you remove the DVD43 and possibly reinstall the software.

2. FF3

FF3 Guest

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What does that have to do with the price of cotton in Egypt? ;)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  4. tyman1180

tyman1180 Member

Just use dvdfab/shrink/nero and it should work perfect

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

With all the software up to date for copy protections, pick your poison. ;)

6. bennyt10

bennyt10 Member

i just used clone2dvd and anydvd to copy saw 3 and i had no problems at all

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

this is all old news time to slam this thread shut!!/mod anyone please

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2007
  8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That's the best idea I've heard today. Saw 3 is old news. Most of us are waiting to see what gets tossed our way next. Saw 3 has become just another marker along the way.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

PacMan777

Yeah the latest Sony movies are even working with AnyDVD and Recode again, pathetic attempt on Sony's part.

10. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Has anyone had any luck copying "CARS" or "LITTLE MAN"? I have been unsuccessful with these two movies. I am using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15, DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0, DvdXcopy Gold and DvdXcopy Xpress with no luck. I rarely have a problem with any movie with these programs but these movies are really tough. I did manage to get "CARS" copied onto my HD but when I go to burn it, I get a message saying the files are in the wrong format and can't be read. I am able to watch the movie from my hard drive with no problem though. The ripped files look exactly like the files on the original (file extensions ifo, bup, vob, file sizes, etc.). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

11. carlvo

carlvo Regular member

@orion250: First, please post your message to a new thread. This is an OLD thread for SAW 3.
    Second, I will tell you this, RipIt4Me as well as DVDFab will both rip these movie with no problem. RipIt4Me has a 1-click mode that will make things very easy for you, providing you have FixVTS and Shrink installed. I am beginning to rely on RipIt4Me more and more. Definately my fav.

~Carl

12. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Thanks Carl, I'm new to this forum stuff and wasn't sure how threads, replys and everything works. I've never used Ripit4me or Fixvts before. Do you think Fixvts might fix the formatting problem for the "CARS" movie? Not sure exactly what the Fixvts program does. Can I fix the movie I have on my HD so I can burn it without trying to rip it again?

13. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@orion250
    Give FixVTS a try on that video on your hard drive. Here's a guide for it.

If that does do it here's a step by step guide for RipIt4me - link.
    RipIt4Me gives Decrypter & Shrink the help they need for the newer movies.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

@orion250
    You have Shrink and Decrypter installed. Go ahead and install RipIt4Me. Use the 1 Click mode and you'll get cleaned movies with no copy protection, plus they will be DVD compliant (no errors while recording). FixVTS code is included in the RipIt4Me program to help clean up, so it's not needed as a separate program with the latest RipIt4Me. Instead of telling you how to use FixVTS, just do the Cars rip over with RipIt4Me to make sure you got everything right.

Here's a short guide on ripping with RipIt4Me, transcoding with Shrink and burning with ImgBurn. It will give you a quick "how to" with RipIt4Me. The version of Shrink in the AIO supports ImgBurn, the original Shrink doesn't. So if you ever want to use Shrink with auto burning by ImgBurn, you'll need the different version.

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/pacman777guide.pdf

Once the files are ripped by RipIt4Me and opened in DVD Shrink (quick analysis is a compliance test) you have the option to close Shrink and use the software of your choice or continue with Shrink.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Garmoon,
    LOL We seem to be helping with anything and everything, ripping instead of Shrink and you name it, but no Saw 3. The question now is does anyone still backup Saw 3? ;) If so, all they need to do is make sure they have a good source, updated software, and use good media and decent hardware.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah for the life of me, PacMan, I don't understand why this thread is still open?? It's been hijacked so many times even Castro wouldn't let it land! LMAO

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

ROTFLMAO Good one. This thread has turned into highjack central.

18. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Thanks Binkie and Pacman, I'll use your suggestions and give it a shot. So if I have another question that is different than the thread title, I should start a new thread? Is that how it works? Like I said, I'm new to this forum thing. Thanks again.

19. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome orion250
    Give those a go.

Yeah you probably should start a new thread if you need help on these. This one is so long anyhow you might get missed.

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. You either need to start a new thread or find one on the same topic. You want to avoid highjacking a thread though (that's changing the subject from the original to your own). If this thread wasn't worn out, that would have been the case here. Nothing to worry about now, just something to remember to avoid trouble with the mods.

If you want to back up DVDs in an easy seamless manner, just delete the Shrink and Decrypter you already have and do everything by the guide I noted.
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/pacman777guide.pdf
    I prefer manually installing programs, but this process is easier. Plus the version of Shrink in the guide supports ImgBurn. The original Shrink supports DVD Decrypter for an ISO burner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.