1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't copy some dvd's don't know why

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smitty25, Jan 15, 2005.

1. smitty25

smitty25 Member

I bought 1click dvd copy 4.1 and installed dvd431 and also installed patin-couffin,but haveing trouble copy office space a error comes up saying due to legal restriction "copyright laws" dvd cannot be coppied. not sure if patin-couffin is working i downloaded it and reboot computer but don't see any icons if it has any like dvd431 has a green face.
    thankx smitty25

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Try anydvd. You can get a free trial here: http://afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/anydvd.cfm

It worked for me on little black book. It runs in the background to help take off the encryption. It has a picture of a fox.I use dvd shrink and it alone would not do little black book. As soon as i downloaded the free trial of anydvd,shrink had no problem doing entire movie.

dvd43 has the green smiley face that allows you to take off the encryption. It is also a background program just like anydvd.Anydvd just got updated a few weeks ago. You want the anydvd beta.

Hope this is what you wanted smitty25.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

AnyDvd is a much better on the fly tool than Dvd43. Only the version of Dvd43 1.4 requires patin couffin. The 2.0 version does not but it isn't free. Patin couffin has been known to cause conflict in some PC's.

You can always rip to the hard drive using Dvd decrypter and then use those files in 1 click, if you want a free option. You can get decrypter here in AD for free and the newest version also supports hard copy read errors(like anydvd).