1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't copy sony made DVDs w/ xpress

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stars9, Jan 10, 2004.

1. stars9

stars9 Guest

I can't copy sony made dvd's(sony pictures) using dvd xpress copy. I have copied other movies just fine but not sony made dvds(Spiderman, SWAT). Any help. Thanks
    Stars9
    P4 2.0
    NEC da-1000a dvd-rw
    XP home
    768mb ram 120gb hd

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Apologies if I sound ignorant but I didn't know Sony made movies? Do you mean you are using Sony DVD-R discs?

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

sony has a picture studio and movie distribution (for example they own tristar).

Sony studio dvd's may be like disney with xcopy. (xcopy has a lot of problems with disney movies too).
    Try the xcopy forum: http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

if that is no help, you may need to use different software like dvd shrink and a burning program. dvd shrink is free.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DVDShrink 3.1 now can use something like Nero program itself. It is much like DVD XCopy in that Shrink now rips, compresses if necessary, allows editing and instead of backing to a HD, it burns to disc just like Xpress.

And the good news for our new friend Stars9, it works GREAT on Spiddy man, I done did him meself -

and stars9,

Welcome to the DVD Backem'up Club -

Pete