1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't copy tenacious d in the pick of destiny

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kimanny, Feb 28, 2007.

1. kimanny

kimanny Member

anyone have a way to copy tenacious d in the pick of destiny? I used ripit4me and when it opens decrypter, I get an error. Dvd shrink will not work either. Thanks!

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well I am not sure about RipIt4Me as I haven't tried that method, but here is the method I used that worked flawless.

1) Ripped entire disk with DVDFab Decrypter Download Here
    2) Ran the whole movie threw FixVTS Download Here
    3) Shrink and Re-Author (main movie only) w/DVDShrink
    4) Burned Saved ISO from Shrink with ImageBurn Download Here

It does seem strange that RipIt4Me wouldn't do this movie though? I am going to have to teast that out tonight when i get home.

3. kimanny

kimanny Member

well I downloaded all this, I am new so i hope I can figure these out. I really appreciate this! Thanks!
    Kim

4. jujo13

jujo13 Guest

I used latest ripit4 me along with fix vts and shrink,all though after processing with decrypter, it gave me a msg saying disc is dirty or scratched,clean and try to rerip.I used car scratch remover polish,and with a cloth wiped it from the center down to the edge;not in a circular motion.REripped succsesful,fixvts did is thing shrink finished backing it up and burned with nero, whole disc. good luck, check for scratches

5. kimanny

kimanny Member

Ok I opened dvd fab, it read some files, and now it comes up with a pop error that reads" error while reading! Please choose what do" and it gives me the options retry-abort-ignore-ignore all. I do not know what to do. I tried ignore all, but it keeps coming up.

6. blake123

blake123 Guest

then your disk seems like its a bad press.go exchange it and then try again.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

As Blake123 has suggested I think you might have a bad/dirty/scratched original disk. try cleaning it or obtaining another copy. If you have a second drive to read from give that a try.

8. kimanny

kimanny Member

It is brand new, first time I opened, is when i put in my computer to copy. Anything is possible though, will clean and retry, I do thank all of you for the replies. Will post when I try again. :)

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah I hear where you are comming from, but I have actually came across a couple of discs (brand new still in shrink wrap) that where unreadable. I could play them fine but no matter what I did they wouldn't rip to my hard drive. I later obtained another copy (from somewhere else) ;-) and I was able to rip and create backups of my movies. Sometimes the disc's just don't come from the manufacturer perfect (go figure) It is a bummer and it actually seems to happen more and more lately. You can try just cleaning the disc and see if that helps. I remember a couple of weeks ago I was trying to rip a movie and it wouldn't rip for anything and when I took it out and looked at the disc it had a groove all the way around the disk it looked like someone had played it on a record player? This was very odd because as you have stated this disc was also brand new? Wierd hu.. If you have a second drive or PC you might want to give that a try as well some drives are just better at reading discs than others. I have the best luck with my LiteOn DVD ROM drive as apposed to any of my writers.

10. kimanny

kimanny Member

ok, this place rocks, Yes it was brand new in the shrink rap, i put it in my laptop, this same disc copied perfectly with dvd shrink. I guess my dvd reader is more sensitive in my other puter. TYTY!!

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Glad to see you got it figured out :)

If you have the room in your PC I would suggest getting a DVD ROM drive like this one LITE-ON SHD-16P1S they are under $20 and they will read much better than a writer, and rip much much faster as well.

Cheers

12. tmitch2

tmitch2 Guest

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.5)
    LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S KS0B 2005/08/22 16:30
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2045728 sectors (3995 MBytes)
    Total size: 3909360 sectors (7635 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: TENACIOUS_D_PICK_OF_DESTINY
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
    DVD structure appears to be correct.
    Structural copy protection not found.
    Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
    Bad sector protection not found.
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Anydvd and CloneDVD2 handled this with no problem.

13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

AnyDVD running behind Nero Recode, movie only...no problems.

Looks like there is nothing special on this one.

14. kimanny

kimanny Member

thanks to all that replied! Yes it was definitely my reader, so i am checking out the lite-on. :) Next time I have a problem, Ill put it in my laptop first. :)