1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANT COPY vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by diablo, Feb 11, 2004.

1. diablo

diablo Guest

im trying to copy a VCD but it wont copy in nero express as its coping in nero it say unrecoverable read erro as it making an image, then when i burned it, the video froze at 35 minutes out of 75 min.

i tried to copy it to my hard drive but it said it cant copy CDI_IMAG:invalid ms-dos function from the CDI folder. it wont copy this file on to my hard drive CDI_IMAG.RTF. DO i need it to burn the video from my hard drive

i tried to reencode with tmpegenc but when i looked at the results that froze to, the vcd plays fine in vcr and on desktop.

what else can i try to copy it? and do i need the cdi_imag.rtf file for it to burn

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Go to the MPEGAV folder on your disc and copy the avseq.dat file to your hard drive. If the file does not successfuly copy than you have a bad disc possibly due to poor media. If the file oopies ok then use VCD Gear to convert the .dat to mpg. After that all you have to do is drop the mpg into a Nero VCD compilation and burn.

3. diablo

diablo Guest

how do i covert from dat to mpeg, what program so i need?