1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't decide which chip to get

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by N2HU, Aug 12, 2004.

1. N2HU

N2HU Guest

First of all you guys have a great site here.... Ive been reading for about a month now ...iand i know that theres alot of knowledgeable people here....keep it up fellas..

Now maybe you can help me....
    I am having a very difficult time deciding which chip to go with.

1. xenium ice solderless 56.00 + 9.99
    or
    2.xecuter 2.3b lite plus solderless 49.99

I wont be copying games to the HDD and only need for this chip to play backups of my own games that have taken a beating ... and I'd also like for them to play dvds...

now my question is ...
    Is one better than the other for said purposes..
    Is one easier to flash than the other...

Lastly are these prces at par with the prices out there....

Please dont rip me to shreds I am a newb at this but far from dumb.... i did read but just fuzzy...

Thanks guys I owe ya.

2. andres200

andres200 Regular member

those prices seem very reasonable and average

the xbit is another very good solderless
    i get my xbits from modchipman.com for around $55 shipped
    they are very easy to flash and install

3. N2HU

N2HU Guest

Thanks.... now am i correct tha t any modchip will allow dvd playback as long as I have the software installed...

4. andres200

andres200 Regular member

5. N2HU

N2HU Guest

ok any other feedback. Thanks in advance.

6. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

well let me tell ya ha-what. the xenium chip has its own OS on it, meaning its THE NEWBIES DREAM mod chip, plus its the 4th gen chip, and the xecuter chip is a 3rd generation (older technology) i have the xecuter 2.3b pro, and it pales in comparison to the xenium chips we installed in 2 other systems. hands down go with the ICE.

so, for what its worth the ICE chip saves you a headache.

7. N2HU

N2HU Guest

Thanks Bud, I got you reply on the other thread as well... I honestly appreciate it.

8. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

I concur with the choice of the xenium. I install chip for a living and im constantly asked what the best chip about "in my opinion anyway" and hands down for those wanting to self install (and do me outta cash )I say the xenium with the no solder option. The chip is light years ahead with its onboard operating system that prevents you from EVER being in the position of an unrecoverable bad flash situation. Pound for pound nothing matches it and all the others are scrambling to catch up and i bet they thought it was their birthday when the two teams who developed the chip split recently.

But I bet they cacked themself when they found out that the chip is alive and selling well still under its parent team, who i bet wrote it into the partnership contract that in the event of a split that they kept their baby.

BUY XENIUM without a doubt

Regards

9. isuballr

isuballr Guest

hey guys, newb here. i was wondering if the newest version of the Xenium Ice solderless comes preinstalled with a new dashboard (i.e. EvoX) or if i still have to put that on myself??

10. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

Ok lets clear this up. The xenium chip has its OWN operating system that is NOTHING to do with the DASHBOARD called EVO-X OK ?

So this being so NO the chip does not come pre-loaded with the Evo-X dashboard and the chip CANNOT have this dashboard loaded onto the chip either.

The dashboard Evo-X is loaded onto your HARDRIVE AFTER you get your chip to boot up an Evo-X booting bios this is what you DO load (or flash) onto your modchip.

So to get evox running you FIRST need to load an evox booting bios onto the chip then you get or make and Evo-X installing disc and allow it to load Evo-X for you.

(yes you can you it manually but this is for the inexperienced ok)

If your still stuck with that PM me and i will help you as much as i can in regards to obtaining software to carry out the tasks ect

I hope this helps you out

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2004
  11. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

I give up!
    evox preinstalled on a modchip??
    yea maybe it will make your breakfast too!!
    dude READ!!! do some darn research!!!!
    youve been reading for a month, yet you think evox is installed on a chip!
    Id let someone else mod it dude.
    and if youre backing up your games, and thats basically all, then ANY chip will do the job!
    people buy xecuter pro chips thinking theyre better that the lite chips, but unless youre into development etc, its pointless getting a pro.
    best thing, go for the cheapest!! you can flash a xecuter2.3/2.6 lite just as easy as a xenium, make a flash bios boot cd, real easy to do, loads of info on it.
    use something like the 4981 bios, (cos you can customise it , fan speeds, colors, flubber etc)
    but in your case, get someone else to do it.
    ANY xbox will play dvds, it doesnt nee to be modded, you need the remote thats all, for a modded xbox you can use dvdxr to play remote free.
    btw theres no such thing as a unrecoverable bad flash. I mod for a living too, all you gotta do is use another modchip, boot up your box, change out to the bad flash chip, and flash it from evox, (ie hotswap)
    finally, why pay $50 + when you can get a chip for $30, if youre gonna do the same thing with it, ie just pay your backups.
    makes no sense to me
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ignorance isn't bliss.....It's just costly![/small]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  12. isuballr

isuballr Guest

First off, Scotsman: thanks. quick question though. when i need to update my chip by flashing it, could i use a pen drive, or are files to big for that?
    now, djboogie, could you send me some directions on how to program my chip to scramble my eggs for breakfast? i can only get it to make sunny side up. you're a prick. FYI i've done a lot of research on this. i've spent about 10 hours on these forums among others in the last day and a half. a lot of info to digest. I am just getting into mods for the Xbox. i bought one cause i was bored and wanted to learn something new. BUT, what you wrote was helpful. i ended up going with the Xenium Ice solderess for what it's worth. i plan on doing MUCH more than just playing backed up games.
    thanks all

13. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

you "should" be able to load a 256k bios file to any pen drive that has at least that amount of space on it, im not too sure as i havent tried this method of flashing a xenium but it supposed to work that way so you can only but try it , its a case of "suck it and see"

With regards to your sadly degrogatory comments toward Djboogie, please refain from treating other in such a manner, how you you feel to be told your (as YOU put it ) "a prick" not nice.....

Treat others as you would wish to be treated.

And to Djboogie "patience young padwan"

yes i know it can be exasperating when the inexperienced ask the same Question over and over, but to let loose your frustration upon the poor unsuspecting inexperienced who doesnt know that their question (to the experienced anyway) seems so stupid, Any question asked by the person who does not know the answer cannot be classed as a stuip question.

Regards to all and please play nice in the same sand pit.