1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant detect my phone ( mobile PhoneTools)

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by malibuali, Mar 5, 2005.

1. malibuali

malibuali Member

i have downloadded 3.11 version of mPT. When i open it, it cant detect my phone. It open its window which u can chose the type of your cable (usb, bluetooth, infrared) i chose usb then click next. It says ur phone will be detected and setup automitaclly but it never detects my phone

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

when it say that it will be detected and setup automitaclly just take off the usb cable from ur fone and plug it again...

3. Kshake

Kshake Member

HELP! it doesnt detect my phone, after i open mobile phone tools, i have a choice between infrared device, usb device, and bluetooth, after choosing usb device, it says plug in my phone to the USB port... after doing that, i left my phone for half an hour there and still didnt detect it.. HELP SOMEONE!!

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

did ur computer recognise ur fone??!!

5. Kshake

Kshake Member

yes my computer says 'new device detected motoe398' but as i click next, it says 'unknown device with unknown drivers' and then when i go to mobile phone tools, it does not detect my phone for like hours, sometimes when people call while its hooked up the progress bar increases, but at the end of it all it just quits the application. please help :(

6. Kshake

Kshake Member

heyy mossyy, is it possible to im you about this? it would be quicker, give me your msn id or something, things would be easier... please help though. i'mr eally desperate for this shit to work.

7. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

8. Kshake

Kshake Member

those drivers, still make my comp detect anything, it still says unknown device. but it shows e398

9. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i think u need a special drivers for ur fone but dont know where u can get them!! :~~

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  10. Kshake

Kshake Member

damn that sucks.... do you have any idea what those drivers could be? i'll search for em. or maybe i need a differentt version of p2kman? the link you gave me doesnt have anything it doesnt work.... just let meknow if you know any other drivers for e398 or p2kman.... cuz it never detects my phone.

11. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i'll c if i can find any drivers for e398 and i'll let u know :D

btw as i know that the P2K is just for Vxxx...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  12. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  13. malibuali

malibuali Member

Hey now my phone was detected and i also can see my sms messages. But hen i open the multimedia part and try to see my pictures, music i cant click on the tabs at right(my phone part).

14. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

try to make sure ur fone is connected...

15. tempestms

tempestms Member

even with the right drivers, sometimes i have to turn off my phone, and then turn it back on before i plug it into the USB port. Also, a friend of mine said that he had to unplug the phone, reboot the phone, reboot his computer, and then plug it in for mobile phone tools to recognize it.

But first thing's first, look for your drivers, i know the p2kman worked with my V400, if you go into windows device manager, your phone should be listed under Modems, I think my came up as Motorola Modem.

16. Wizardtom

Wizardtom Member

The link mossy gave up there has a great p2k package, with a listing of all the version dates and version numbers (they are not sequential by date...)

For Windows XP Uninstall your current drivers with Control Panel=>Phone and Modem options. With the phone connected go to the Modems Tab select your phone and hit "remove".

Upon removing and re-inserting your phone you will be prompted to install drivers (or should at least). Choose specific location- choose "do not search, I will select the driver" - Choose "have disk", point to a folder with a different version of P2K.ini and USBMOT2000.ini The versions I got to work for me are
    DriverVer=11/12/2003, 2.4.0.0 and DriverVer=11/14/2003, 2.1.0.2 respectively. I'm using a C650

Another thing I did was before installing MPT, I unpacked it with winrar, and replaced the drivers of the same names in the /inf folder with the versions above as they worked for me and I didn't want MPT installing different ones.

All I can say is, try different versions.
    Also note that you get more hardware profiles installed when you install PST- my phone is recognized in all other softwares much faster if I first run PST and then exit it.

Good Luck,
    Tomas

I know Its a lot of work, took me hours of trying different drivers. But I'm having so much fun now :)

edit- btw the dvr versions I use I picked up from PST7.1.1 - NOT from any standalone p2k driver package floating around. - again use Mossys link and sign up to access the download section, they have a file called 'P2K_Drivers_WinXP' its 1.1 MEG chalk full of different p2k versions!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005