1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't dl wmv files from this site!!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by marui, Aug 25, 2004.

1. marui

marui Member

sorry to ask but I can't dl this file using any version of streambox vcr:

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/jal/jtv/ch0/jec/v11/ch0-jec-v11-wing-gift-all-b.wmv

but on the same site it worked with older files like :
    mms://stream1.gekimedia.net/jnflash/wmt/live/wmt/jn1128/VOD20031128115818.asf

I don't understand why it doesn't work with new files!!!

thanks

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Piracy is not allowed

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

[bold]LoNeR[/bold]

I think you should look at the revised forum rules. I don't see that this is any form of piracy, but if you think that it is, then you should use the report feature and let the forum moderators or administrators make that decision.

Streaming Media is a form of broadcasting, not much different than radio or television. Would you say that anyone who uses a VCR to record a television program for their own personal use or anyone who uses a cassette recorder to record a radio program for their own personal use is commiting piracy. The laws of most countries say that is not the case, though there are some exceptions.

If it is legal to record television or radio for your own personal use where you live, then it should be equally legal to record a streaming broadcast. The examples above are just commercials anyway.

[bold]marui[/bold]

StreamBox VCR is a good program but there are now much better programs for recording Windows Media streams. It is still one of the best Real Media stream recorders when using the SMF+turbo or SMF+ updates.

My highest recommended programs for recording Windows media streams would be GetASFStream, Net Transport and SDP Multimedia. There is no one recorder program that works for all streams so it is good idea to have and learn how to use several different recorder progams. For example GetASFStream can normally record most streams but it did also have problems with that same stream. Net Transport and SDP Multimedia both worked with that stream.

Streaming media recording software list.
    http://p084.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxvcrfrm7.showMessage?topicID=1.topic
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The best information on streaming media recording.
    The Streaming Media Recording Forum.
    http://p084.ezboard.com/bstreemeboxvcr[/small]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Or just get a Good Download Manager Like "FlashGet" which supports the MMS:// Protocol....

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

If you look at the list I maintain you will see that FlashGet is on the list also and is one of the recommended programs. It can download both MMS and RTSP protocol streams.

It is a great download manager and a good streaming media downloader. I just can't give it the highest recommendation because it is not the best downloader for either MMS or RTSP protocol streams. I can find some examples of streams that FlashGet cannot download that the other recorder programs can. It did however work well with the stream in question above as it often does.