1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant download from web page...

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by dammmmm, Jan 30, 2007.

1. dammmmm

dammmmm Guest

i cant download from a web page. i get an error message:windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. I am logged in as administrator...i can save it to my desktop and run it from there...but thats not what i want. i want to fix the problem. very frustrated. can someone help me??? :)

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

you cannot certain file formats cannot be downloaded using safari go online and download

mozilla firefox or opera and try to download the file again i ran into this problem with a emulator and it wouldn't download

i installed firefox and it downloaded right away no problems safari needs to fix

3. dammmmm

dammmmm Guest

I actually don't have safari. I use internet explorer. It has something to do with my security settings I think. But I dont know what it is, or how to fix it????

4. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

wow you need to update your computer

you cannot download the file because you are on internet explorer for mac the latest version of internet explorer is version 7 for windows and the last version produced for mac was 5.05 which is no longer used time to upgrade