1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Can't Download Rightnow Media for Offline Viewing

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by adjp, Jul 10, 2015.

1. adjp

adjp Newbie

I would like to download streaming media from www.rightnow.org and watch it when I travel with no internet connection. I do not wish to share any of the files. I simply want to "time shift" what I have legally paid for. This was legalized in federal court in 2010 so this will not be pirating anything. I have tried PlayLater and some other similar software with no success. Does anybody have any way to download the streaming video from this site to watch later? And can you dumb it down for a non-technical person?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

firefox or waterfox has numerous plugins that allow downloading of flash based vids.Or contact the site rightnow directly.They also have vids on youtube it seems,they can easily be downloaded with firefox with the right plugin

3. adjp

adjp Newbie

I will look for some plugins and give it a try. Thank you!

4. adjp

adjp Newbie

Nope. I tried every plugin I could find. I tried them on Firefox, Waterfox and Chrome. (Please don't make me use Internet Explorer!) This one has me baffled. Any more ideas?

5. syxguns

syxguns Active member

With firefox there is a video plugin called NetVideoHunter and that link should work. Your video's are stored on Viemo at this link: https://vimeo.com/channels/490299

Download the plugin and start playing the video. You will have the option to save the file, and I did one just to test it. It played back perfectly "Surrender with Francis Chan...." That is one of a couple of options that you have. Another is a website called KeepVid

I didn't test the website, but you could always check it out.

6. adjp

adjp Newbie

Sorry for the delay, I did not have internet service for a little bit. I am back on the interweb. I had to duke it out with the A, T and then another T, and the little man won!

First thing I tried was the NetVideoHunter plugin for water fox. I had to fiddle with a few options, quite a feat to accomplish for me, and it worked perfectly!

Thank you to syxguns and to scorpNZ for all your help! AfterDawn was recommended to me as being the the best, and it is! Thank you!

7. syxguns

syxguns Active member

You are more than welcome, and glad we could assist you with this matter.

8. John1202

John1202 Newbie

This is no longer working. Seems the site is chopping it up in little chunks of video so the net-hunter cant download it right. Let me know if there is a solution. Thanks

9. Ghanabound

Ghanabound Newbie

This just recently changed (within the last few weeks). Anyone found a work around yet?