1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't enable dma on burner - help pleez

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alphaqup, Jan 28, 2007.

1. alphaqup

alphaqup Member

helloooo.

i got a compaq sr2020nx (which has a TSSTCorp TS-H652L burner) that i got at the end of last year and i found out first time trying to burn a dvd that it was goin extremely slow (like not above 1x) and immediately knew somethin was up, just recently i've been checkin out stuff about dma and all that and i went into my device manager and checked it out and here's what i found:

first thing i noticed was how many channels there were, don't know if i should have that many or not

[​IMG]

after looking through all of them all of em had dma enable except the third secondary ide channel and i'm not able to change that pio to dma

[​IMG]

then i ran nero info tool and it says that dma is not enabled on the burner

[​IMG]

so ya that's about where i'm at right now, any help would be appreciated. sucks havin such a slow burner when you know it's not supposed to be like that.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. onya

onya Guest

HI alphaqup, Here's a guide by Alkohol, this will go along way to help out with your issues.

Cheers.

EDIT: spelling

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2007
  3. alphaqup

alphaqup Member

ahhh uninstalled driver and dma now shows up. thank you.

4. onya

onya Guest

Good news, I'm glad Alkohol and his knowledge base have helped out. Don't forget to add the link to your fav's, this way you can post it when you see others with the same problem(s). Share the love baby!

Cheers.