1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't even read disks!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Print580, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Print580

Print580 Member

Hi,
    I've got a disk Manchurian candidate, from USA on import. I obviously want to make a backup 'cos it cost a bit and firends etc want to lend it(its not out in UK yet). When i put it in my NEC3500 the drive just clicks like its looking for something...never spins the drive just clicks.I've tried the latest DVDdecrypter,shrink and also Anydvd (I think - the code bypass tool?) but it still just clicks in the drive. I can't even watch it on my PC! I can't see any files from explorer. Am i able to back it up..

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Is this disk an original? If so, and you live in a different region, AnyDVD should have worked. You could also try other region code programs that are listed here under the software tab above. Just search for what you are after.

Good luck.

3. Print580

Print580 Member

I've flashed my drive so it has no region protection....and Anydvd just clicked. I've tried a few other programs and it does the same....i think its a copy protection issue or a incorrectly pressed disk. I can't even watch it with powerdvd or VLC media player.

any more ideas?

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Sounds like you may be right. See if a friend can play the disk using AnyDVD on their PC without the changes you made. Good luck