1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't extend partition in Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by MttFrog13, Jul 16, 2007.

1. MttFrog13

MttFrog13 Member

I tried shrinking my recovery drive (D:) and i wanted to extend my main drive (C:). When i tried the extend button remained inactive as seen here. What is the problem?

Also i would like to know why is there 2 empty drives with no name and can i safely delete them. This is the way i bought my computer so I'm not exactly what is going on because i am new at drive partitioning.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8862/partitionhi6.jpg

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Does your PC have two hard disks, or just two partitions? I wouldn't suggest you delete anything unless you know exactly what it is.

3. MttFrog13

MttFrog13 Member

one hard disk, two partitions

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I don't know what the other two partitions are, but don't delete them. As for not being able to resize the partition, it may be that Vista doesn't let you expand partitions towards ones that already have data on them. In which case, get a proper program such as Acronis DiskDirector to do it.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum