1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Figure It Out

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by JStat, Aug 12, 2004.

1. JStat

JStat Member

I am new at this, and am using DVD shrink the proper way that was instructed in the DVD shrink guide, but I don't have Nero. I have Roxio. I put the files from the DVD Shrink process into a file called Caddyshack (obviously the the name of the movie I am trying to backup) and then the DVD Shrink produced two folders one that is Video_TS and the other is Audio_TS. First I used a DVD+RW disk and burned the whole Caddyshack file onto the disk--won't play in a DVD player. Next just the Video_TS folder onto another disk--still won't play. Finally all of the individual files in the Video_TS folder onto another disk--still won't play. I'm using the Data DVD Project feature of the Roxio software, and I feel like this is where the problem lies, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

2. ccme

ccme Member

Roxio might be the problem. Download the Nero demo and try that. Uninstall Roxio before using Nero.

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I might be that your dvd player doesn't like dvd-rw
    also what are your settings,in your targetdevice try selecting image recorder this will save it to you harddrive so you can burn later with what ever burn program you like (try dvd decrypter its free and works excellent). when ripping you should have an iso image. does the dvd-rw play in your computer?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Spinning 2 TECHNICS SL-1200MK2
    GEMINI FX-7000
    ORTOFON Night Club Series
    2 AMERICAN AUDIO PSX
    2 PIONEER CDJ-100

[image]http://www.123dj.com/slipmats/DJ.jpg[/image][/small]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I don't like Roxio and neither do 90% of this forum. It can also cause problems with other apps. Download decrypter(it's here in AD for free), in shrink under backup target, select ISO files and burn with decrypter. This will solve your problem.

I would also suggest removing Roxio and download the trial version of Nero Ultra 6 at the Nero homepage(they are experiencing problems right now, so wait 3-4 days). You can use this for the entire month, the next month you must load it again and it is good again for the entire month. You can do this indefinitely until you decide to buy. Eagletronics has it for 49.00, a good deal since it costs 79.00 to 99.00.

This is a complete audio/video package with tons of apps, well worth money spent.

5. JStat

JStat Member

Thanks for the help. But what is this ISO image thing? I know that it must be important, but what does it mean? Am I going to have to redo the copying of the DVD onto the hard drive once I download the Decrypter? Thanks again.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Decrypter can rip in File, IFO, and ISO mode. It can only burn ISO's. If your source is DVD5 you can rip and burn with decrypter, if it is DVD9 you must compress and/or re-author with another app, thus, shrink enters the picture.

Since shrink can rip, you only need decrypter to burn. When you hit back up in shrink a window will appear. Under target device there is select backup target. Hit the drop down menu and select ISO image file and burn with decrypter.

Voila! you have a backup. Read the shrink guides and use the quality settings, like deep analysis when using large amts. of compression. You can also use still image to substitute for extras and retain menu function.

Happy blazing...

7. rpp124

rpp124 Member

An ISO is a file that the burn program uses to burn a disk. It is an image of the completed disk. If you make an ISO, you can use almost any burning program, including Roxio to burn the disk. If you want to use Roxio (I have no problems with it), first create the ISO with DVDShrink or DVD Decryptor. Then open Roxio and go to File>Record from ISO Image. Select your [MOVIE].ISO file and select 'OK'. Set your burn speed to 4x or less and proceed to burn the image. This is the method I use since I was unable to download the NERO ASPI layer 2 weeks ago and it works fine for me. Just make sure you use a slow burn speed so your disk works in the DVD player. This should also help Buffer Underrun Errors.