1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant find internet

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by tarw, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarw

tarw Member

Hi to everyone and hope youcan give me some advice. Right the first laptop is my daughters (compaq f500 running Vista home premium) she had a lot of viruses on there that were stopping the computer from doing anything so she asked my son to wipe it clean but she cant find her recovery disc so he told her that he would try it with his
    mothers disks who also has a compaq running xp home edition she said didnt matter about what its running.
    So he did that but for some reason he dont know, it starts fine he has installed a few other bits of software for her, camera and stuff but in the tray at the bottom there are no tv screens showing up to say if he has access to the wirless internet so cant get on the other 3 laptops in the house are fine, any ideas and help would be much appreciated. Please give abc instructions please cos im not the best at this.
    Tarw

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Not a good idea running xp on two diff comps if the licence keys are the same,the laptop itself more than likely now has had it's recovery partition wiped it may be able to be recovered but requires hdd be removed & placed in an external housing,you have no wireless because of no drivers which brings up another issue what other drivers are missing,better off contacting hp & get the original recovery discs sent out

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.