1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find my downloaded games

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by drumerguy, Feb 17, 2007.

1. drumerguy

drumerguy Member

Hi guys, my problem is that I downloaded battlefield 2142 using bitlord, and usually all my downloaded files from bitlord appear in program files/bitlord/downloaded files or something, but for some weird reason some games just don't appear there. I know that the download worked because I'm missing space on my computer, but I have no idea where to look. I've done countless searches, but nothing is appearing. If anyone has any idea where it might be or a different way to look for the file please tell me.
    thanks

2. EdtheDuck

EdtheDuck Member

Hi there.

I have two suggestions that might help:

1. You say that you have done multiple searches. Usually the downloaded files won't begin with e.g. battlefield, but maybe with bf. So if your are searching for battlefield you won't find it. If this is the case try looking at the torrent site where you downloaded the file, then check the filelist for that torrent to identify how the files are labelled and then search for that instead.

2. I normally use utorrent and if the torrent is still loaded in the client I can find out my download location by right clicking on it.Do you still have the .torrent file loaded in your torrent client? If so, you may be able to do something similar.

Hope that helps

3. drumerguy

drumerguy Member

well thanks for the help, i tried the bf and the filelist where i downloaded it but it's really weird because nothing is coming up at all...
    as far as the right clicking on the .torrent file goes, I already cleared the download before I realized it wasn't in the folder where it should be so, I can't see it anymore

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Its possible when you "Cleared" the download that you also deleted te data. Look at the picture I included, see how easy it is (in uTorrent) to delete the torrent and the data, instead of only the torrent? (pic below)....

[​IMG]
    As you can see the option to "Remove and Delete .torrent" is just above "Remove and Delete .torrent + Data", one could very easily have done this by mistake. This would explain why you can not find the download.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  5. drumerguy

drumerguy Member

well, I'm really sure that i didn't delete it, besides, the space is still taken up on my computer. this has happened before, I tried downloading "the departed" and when it finished it just disappeared...

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

See if its in a Download folder or something at My computer> Local Disk>Documents & Settings>"your name".

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Change your system settings to "Show Hidden Files". That may be your problem.

8. drumerguy

drumerguy Member

well i found it, for some weird reason it downloads to a temp internet folder that i had to find... thanks neways guys