1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Fit Movie onto DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by phrozen2, Mar 29, 2005.

1. phrozen2

phrozen2 Guest

Im trying to copy Terminator 3 onto a DVD for backup purposes, and im having a problem because i dont have a Dual-Layer DVD-ReWriter.

The VOB files are 5.67 (Just for the Movie)

Any way i could reduce the quality slightly so i can fit it onto a DVD-R, im using Nero 6.6.0.1

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  3. bruce500

bruce500 Guest

I have a similar problem. I am trying to back up a movie, but the 'extras' are somewhat larger than the feature. I had assumed that DVD Shrink would take care of this, but with maximum compression, it's still too big. Killing a few tracks of audio doesn't make much difference. I thought then that I would just kill some or all of the extras, but it doesn't want to seem to let me do that and the tutorial I consulted doesn't address this particular issue. Ideas?

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What's your target size? What movie are you trying to back up?

5. bruce500

bruce500 Guest

Wolfniggr The movie is a recent documentary, Control Room, which is about 2.2g. They've tagged on about 2.4g. in extras. The target I have set is 2300, but DVD Shrink won't crunch this all enough and I can't figure out how to nix the extras.

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Set your target as the default(DVD 5 4464mb), then try again. At the very least always check in help, click on help topics and then guides if you have another problem with dvd shrink. You could also click on the first link bilbo posted for you. Let us know how it went.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005