1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant get any dvd games to load at all !@??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by fuzzyclam, Oct 14, 2004.

1. fuzzyclam

fuzzyclam Member

hello
    i have purchased a flip top and swap magic disc 3.2 for my v9 playstation. then i got a lite-on dvd burner and some ritek dvd-r. i have tryed a few games and successfully backed them up with dvd decyripter. ("it said burn successfull completed"). i burned them at 1x. then i tryed to play them in my playstation and have no luck at all. i put in the "dvd" disc and then when the "insert disc" screen comes up i opened up the top and switch to the backup. i then press X and NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS, all i get are these loud noises that sounds like a violent knocking???
    i have no clue and need some help badly
    the games i tryed to backup are nhl2005 and atv 2
    guys can u please help me out ?

thanks
    Rich

2. tupac1987

tupac1987 Guest

DVD -R dont work good in v.9 ps2i got a ps2 v9 i use Memorex DVD +R and i burned about 50 games and they all work good :) by the way the noise u are talking about might be when u open the top and u change the cd's u need to put the cd in real goodthere is a small black thing on the up left side u need to put the cd under it cause if u dont then the tray will spin and the cd wont spin good so it makes the noise will i dont know if thas your problem just trying to help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2004
  3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

fuzzy, don't listen to this, stick with your ritek. He may be correct in thinking your not putting the disc in right though. Also, some games require cd loader, http://www.swapmagicfix.com

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  4. fuzzyclam

fuzzyclam Member

thanks for the attempts at helping me guys but i dont think there right. i know that there is a little black piece of plastic that sticks out and u have to put the disc under it because i always make sure of it. i think the problem if more like my ps2 is not reading them at all and thinks its a blank disc or something because all it does is skip and make those load knocking noises. i know how to burn the games properly with dvd decrypter so i dont think that is the problem. this is also why i have no clue what is wrong. sometimes there is a thin line that goes all the way across (just the top) part of the screen and changes colours rapidly from like purple, blue, green when i try to load the backup ???? i think im going to try my buddys dvd burner and see what happens.

anyways thanks for trying if u have any other ideas please let me know
    Rich

5. tupac1987

tupac1987 Guest

mmmm ok then maybe the thing for the fliptop that holds the cd is broken :S not sure tho

6. fuzzyclam

fuzzyclam Member

i should also say that my system with the flip top on plays original dvd games no problem. for example i can play my original atv 2 but when i try my backup of atv 2 it just makes those loud sounds and skips or doesnt catch

7. fuzzyclam

fuzzyclam Member

alright yesterday after major fooling around i can report that i got the "red screen of death" to come up. i had to load it with the system horizontal and then flip the system to vertical after i loaded the backup and the red screen would come up lol. this means that i am using poor quality media right? i dont understand how this can be because i have ritek 4x dvd-r like everyone recommends. i think i am going to go out and get some memmorex dvd+r and see if they will work on my system.
    am i supposed to be finalizing this dvds after the burn process or does dvd decyrpter do it automaticly. also do u think burning it at 2x instead or 1x would be better for my problem?

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you could try 2x, thats what i burn my ritek discs at.

9. fuzzyclam

fuzzyclam Member

alright got them to load and thought i should tell everybody how i did it. all i did was use alcohol 120 instead of dvd decryter and burnt them at speeds of 2x and they all play perfect. i have got nhl2005 and a few others backedup so far and no problems with them. thank sly for the advice on do use 2x but i think u should think twice before u keeping telling all these people that dvd decryter is the way to go.

10. Molder

Molder Regular member

Try DVD Decryper at 2x before you say it doesn't work, I have backup all my PS2 DVD games on Princo DVD media at 4x using DVD Decryper and never had a dud.

Try DVD decryper and see if it works and post back, you may turn others off a great program.

M

11. fuzzyclam

fuzzyclam Member

yeh tried it at 2x speed and it didnt work i think it might because of a my virtual drive but then again when i put the ps2 game in my dvd burner and open dvd decrytper, it doesnt even recongnize that there is a disc in there. but alcohol does so i dont know whats up with that.
    dvd decrypter is a well written program but it just doesnt want to work with my setup and v9 ps2 so i think people should try the two programs and see which one works best for them.