1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get Backups to work with Swap Disk

Discussion in 'PS2' started by undercov, Jan 9, 2004.

1. undercov

undercov Member

Using the swap disk 2, and flip top cover
    I have Nero6.
    NEC ND-1300A 4x DVD+/-RW Burner
    dvd - r verbatim

Tried making an image, I keep getting read erros in the image building phase.
    Reading erros with decryptor as well. The whole ISO image proccess.
    I tried using Alcohol 120. When I selct the source drive, the option for selecting a PS2 format dissapears, so I just select next, and ignore erros. But the backups dont work.

Any suggestions?

and what i mean won't work, after i enter in the swap disk, and insert the back up...the "insert Disk" screen just freezes. I'll get a blue border around the screen, but thats it

2. account

account Guest

3. undercov

undercov Member

as stated, i used decryptor as well, read error as well

4. account

account Guest

oh ya so you did what speed are you burning at?

u need the rite equipment or u'll damage ur ps2. a 18watt soldering iron (with ultra fine tip), fine grade solder(mainly silver based), solder braid, flux, wet sponge. u also need to have experience soldering.

5. undercov

undercov Member

i'm not burning, i'm getting erros in the image building phase. i get the read erros when building the image. when i do get to that point it'll be at 1x

6. leeml10

leeml10 Guest

This is strange but I use Nero Burning Rom Express and make a Disk to Disk Copy at 4X using Memorex 4X media. Maybe you should try it. It never failed me.

7. account

account Guest

i don't know man but maybe someone with some more experience and knowledge will answer cause i can't figure it out

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

8. undercov

undercov Member

thanks for your brain power. this is confusing. if i get a solution anywhere, i will post it.

again..when its creating the image, i get a read error

9. Xian

Xian Regular member

What do you mean by during the image building phase? When you are creating the ISO? If that is the case then it would appear to be a bad source DVD. I would check it for scratches. I had one that I couldn't back up for that reason. It would get about 90% done and have read errors while creating the ISO. The original would play fine when you booted it, but there were visible scratches on it. I guessed that the bad part of the disk was in a later part of the game that we hadn't got to yet.

10. deep0r

deep0r Member

i had a similar problem. it usually either one of two things. i either had a scratch, smudge, fingerprint, etc etc, on the source dvd. and then i tried a perfect disc and realized it was my dvd-rom. So i moved the source dvd to my dvd-/+ burner and using alcohol 120% did a disc copy and the image was made perfect! so if you have another drive, id try that.