1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't get disc cover screws to come off

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cheeses, Jan 11, 2005.

1. cheeses

cheeses Member

i'm installing a fliptop and can get my ps2 cover screws off easily but when i try to get the ines covering the dvd tray off there to tight. i have a v10 console. has anybody else had this problem or would anyone know how to loosen them? I don't want to turn to hard in case i strip them. Thanks for any help.

cheeses

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I used a knife but that was for a Version 7 ps2, if your using a knife be careful not to cut a finger off.

3. cheeses

cheeses Member

did you go underneath with a knife or unscrew it with a knife?

4. jibbly

jibbly Member

i'm in canada and didn't have that problem, BUT after the fliplid install, the system won't SPIN anything.

be sure to post after the fliplid's installed and let us know if its working.

jib

5. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I had no problems with mine at all all i did wos unscrew the 4 wee screws with a knife and slowly lifted the lid off, i just got mine the day and the only thing that took me the longest wos finding a screw to reconnect the reset\eject button

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  6. homie3368

homie3368 Member

use very small precision screwdrivers. like the ones to fix eyeglasses with. i used a pair of plyers and put the little screwdriver in it as a guide. they came off easily...

7. cheeses

cheeses Member

i got it! i took a little screwdriver for glasses and tightened it into the end of a big screwdive with all the pieces. They came off really easily then because i could get on a lot more force. everything is working now as well. Thanks for all the help!

cheeses